2) I eat breakfast almost every day and for those rare occasions that I do miss, I at least have brunch.
3) I love theater and often (if not mostly) roll solo to catch a play - if it's a comedy, ya damn skippy that I've probably already seen it.
4) My concern for wildlife and the environment has led me to live as sustainable as reasonably possible and study pollution issuesfor a living.
5) I've been swimming with killer whales in the Arctic during the middle of winter and with whale sharks in the tropics.
The latter actually kinda ran me over.
6) Have you ever played a game of horse with George Clooney? No? I have.
7) I'm pro-GMO. And I think everyone else would be too if food scientists would just hurry up and genetically engineer a square-shaped olive that would stop rolling off my damn plate and onto the floor.
8) In an effort to become more fit and healthy, I've decided to run a lot over the past 2 months. And although I came in 8th place at a recent 5K, I was beaten by an eight-year-old the other day at track practice so I think I'm gonna quit now.
9) I have an ever so small morsel of carrot cake every night before I go to sleep.
10) I ran into Aziz Ansari once and told him that everyone says that I remind them of him. He replied, "Aw man, I'm sorry."
I also like to think I have a style that suits Florida - color and flip flops are a must. So maybe that?
Movies - For some reason, I tend to gravitate towards dramas whose cast consists of solemn pasty white women and have absolutely no minorities (i.e. The Reader, Atonement, Squid and the Whale, Notes on a Scandal, etc.). And no, just because I'm an oceanographer doesn't mean I liked the Life Aquatic, but it does mean I like Finding Nemo.
Music - My musical compass swings in all kindsa directions these days, so I'm not sure what to really say here other than I like a lot. But said compass always has and always will steer me away from country. Hell nah.
I enjoy a lot of stuff and spend a lot of time listening to music. I tend to like anything edgy and experimental - I'm always lookin to check out new stuff. Love live music.
Food - I like most anything veggie friendly and ethnic although I've been a bit of a pizza whore lately. I'm sure I was supposed to have overcome that phase of my life when I was 5, but no. Also, carrot cake all day ery day. Otherwise, I'm generally a health nut, I swear!
Shows - Currently watching House of Cards and Mad Men. Will start back up on West Wing and Parks & Rec soon. PBS News Hour and Charlie Rose too on the regs because I detest ignorance and also because I'm old.
- My bike
- My unnecessary bi-weekly trips to Whole Foods
I'm fairly certain I'm the only person over the age of 18 who didn't list coffee. Never hopped on board that train. I think it's the last remaining vestiges of my inner youth that prevents me.
And my family and friends, but they are not things.
Brownie points for those who try to hold on to their plastic bottles until they can be recycled rather than throwing them away at their earliest convenience. That's hype.