I do enjoy cooking, even though I'm not very good at complex recipes. I definitely think I make a mighty good pizza and an even more delicious spaghetti! :)
I do enjoy sports, personally. Alas, I'm not very athletic, but there is one sport I'm actually good at... Dance Dance Revolution! (yes, that's a sport in some countries! :) ) But my favorite sports include Basketball, American Football, and Lacrosse. I really enjoy sports that typically aren't watched in America, including 20Twenty Cricket, Australian Rules Football, and Darts. (OK, I don't think darts is a sport, but they do show it on Sky Sports in England!)
Finally, as the nickname suggests, I am indeed someone who loves board games, card games, and video games. The first item is the one I enjoy the most though, especially since I moved here. I now go to board gaming gatherings at least twice a week, not only for the gaming but, perhaps more importantly, for of the social aspect of meeting and seeing others.
To give back to the community, I was a public address announcer volunteer and a scoreboard operator volunteer at various high school athletic events over a period of seventeen years. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to continue this in Ohio.
Movies... Clue is a biggie, the comedy where 1+1+2+1 is more correct than 1+2+1+1. Back To The Future is cool too. I'm also a fan of the Pixar movies, and more recently the Star Wars series. (the first time I watched that series? I watched episodes 1 through 6, not 4 through 6, then 1 through 3 like "everybody else". :) )
I love listening to music. I wish I had a talent to produce such music, but, alas, I'm "in the shallow end of the dream pool". Anyway, my favorites in order of preference...
- House music/dance music
- Drum n' Bass
- "The Scene", which consists of special music files called Protrackers, Screamtrackers, FastTrackers, and Impulse Trackers, just to name a few. It's perfect music for work, believe me.
- Classical jazz and smooth jazz
- 80s music
- Classical or Orchestral music
Food: Personal favorites include a lot of Italian food, and especially pizza and spaghetti, Mexican food, seafood, such as crabs(I was born in Maryland, where crabs are king!) and Salmon, and Sushi, with Japanese restaurants typically judged by it's special rolls.
- Electricity (to take care of the computer)
- The Internet (so I can see what's happening in the world :) )
- Headphones or speakers (so I could listen to the sound of said computer)
- Food :) (hey, you can't survive with it!)
- My cat. I have to have a companion if I'm going to be stranded on an island or something like that. :)
- Public address announcing or scoreboard operating a high school athletic contest
- Hanging around at my house, almost always alone in that case.
- Randomly going places, be at a mall or at a restaurant or some other randomly selected location. :)
One of my favorite recent "random wandering Friday nights" was watching a sunset in Avon Lake, then travelling down US Route 6 and seeing all of the lakeside homes.
The most important thing I'm looking for is somebody who engages in an intelligent conversation. I want to learn something new every day, either at a restaurant, at a museum, on a hiking trail, or just by simple conversation.
It's also very important for you to be an honest person. Finally, I'm looking for someone that has an excellent sense of humor and enjoys having a goofy man around. :)