- My two rescue dogs. They're needy and energetic and sometimes too smart for their own good, but they're also fiercely loyal and could and could have broken Hitler with cuteness. (Great, now my profile is going to turn up for everyone searching for Hitler on okcupid).
- Friday nights at the Top. Hands down my favorite bar in town. Plus foosball. Oh yeah.
- Dark beers. The stoutier and manlier the better.
- Football. Pro? Sure. College? Even better. Saturdays at my house usually feature a three TV set up and a fair amount of crazy yelling.
- Netflix. Hulu. All of it. I’m a junkie. I ain’t ashamed.
- Muzak. Pretentious indie bands. Over-the-top heavy metal. Oh-no-The-machines-are-coming dubstep. The Beatles. I love it all.
- Really good, intellectual conversations. Preferably w/ beers.
- Team trivia. Our group the Minesweepers are kiiind of a big thing (no, not really). We win A LOT (we don’t). Combine with any of the above and you’ve got a really good time (fact).
- Daily Show/Colbert. Need my dose of daily truthiness.
- Running through campus. Because I like to exercise, not because I'm late for anything.
Movies: It's the big trilogies that get me going the most: The Godfather, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars (original trilogy), Back to the Future, and Indiana Jones. I'm not ashamed to say that I love just about anything Disney and/or Pixar. I was raised on that stuff and really really good animation in general. Some of my other unbridled favorites are Fight Club, Snatch, Braveheart, The Patriot, Inception, The Prestige, The Matrix, The Mummy, The Dark Knight, Superbad, Inglourious Basterds, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Pulp Fiction, all Monty Python, and just about everything early Jim Carrey (especially Dumb and Dumber).
TV: There's no questioning that Arrested Development is the greatest show to ever exist (If you disagree, I'd love to debate you on it). I've recently discovered Community and Breaking Bad that are both amazing shows. Classic favorites include It's Always Sunny, The Simpsons, Futurama, Tosh.O, South Park, The Shield, The Sopranos, Seinfeld, and How I Met Your Mother.
Music: God, I listen to just about everything that isn't hip-hop or country. Rush, Metallica, Billy Joel, Iron Maiden, Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin, Styx, Foo Fighters, The Rocket Summer, Coheed and Cambria, Bob Dylan, Dropkick Murphys, Anti-Flag, Pink Floyd, Ayreon, Dream Theater, Elton John, Yes, The Beatles, Bayside, The Decemberists....
Books: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Dune, Harry Potter (yeah, and they're pretty good, too), The Count of Monte Cristo, 1984, Watchmen, Crime and Punishment, Freakonomics, anything by Dean Koontz or Dr. Seuss, The Lord of the Rings, poetry by Robert Frost or TS Elliot, and really interesting math and philosophy books (yeah, they do exist).
Food: Evvverything.....except Indian food. Gah. Seafood or a really good steak are probably my favorites.