Thanks for visiting my profile!
(cue Fresh Prince of Bel Air music)
🎵Iiiiiit was New England,
born and raised,
in New Hampshire is where I spent most of my days!
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
Getting good grades at an indie private school
When a Stanford application, written "real good"
Took me out to Cali from that neighborhood
I also went to Sydney Uni and didn't get scared.
Then I came to The Big Apple where An Actor Prepares! 🎵
Yes, I’m actor. I studied theatre and received my MFA in Acting from Columbia University (Go Lions!!!). I’m also practical, so until Spielberg calls, I work freelance in event marketing and some other lucrative areas, thanks to an undergrad degree in Computer Science from Stanford University (Go Cardinals!!!), which keeps rent paid and puts tofu and seafood on the table…
Now hold on there for a minute! Just because I’m meat free, doesn’t mean I’m going get on a gluten free vegan soapbox and tell you why you have to put down your angus burger and add more legumes to your plate! Raised by my curry goat loving Jamaican dad and my spaghetti and meatball-cooking mom, I learned tolerance for people and cuisines of all sorts. And since I know my way around the kitchen/grill/hibachi, I’m happy to put together an amazing turkey chili that will rock your world or Philly cheesesteak sandwich that will make your heart sing!
What makes my heart sing besides performing on the Shakespearean stage or the green screen for a sci-fi film? I love to TRAVEL. My passport has stamps on it from Jamaica, Germany, Australia, Costa Rica, Thailand, Malaysia, and Egypt. I’ve seen most of the 50 states, and I’m partial to places with great hiking trails, gorgeous sunsets, and intellectually stimulating social scenes.
Besides an appreciation and understanding of how to prepare great food, I’m very grateful to my family for instilling in me some important values. I'm grateful to my father for teaching me how to organize and work hard. I'm grateful to my mother for teaching me how to live in the moment and to adapt to different situations. I’m grateful for my younger sister, who has had autism and epilepsy most of her life, for teaching me compassion for those less fortunate than me.
I strive to refine my communication skills, especially when it comes to my feelings. I have learned that in a relationship, these skills require honesty, courage, and acceptance.
In conversations I love to listen. I also enjoy sharing the sparkly, goofy, and endearing parts of me as I get more comfortable in conversation.
I strive to keep life simple and to be of service. I appreciate moments of peace through meditation. I love exploring films, restaurants, and unique events in NYC. Count me in for anything involving exercise of body, mind, or spirit.
I believe Dr. Seuss expressed it best: "Say what you mean, and mean what you say," and don't say it mean!
I'm happiest in creative settings, around children, and exploring the outdoors.
1. auditioning for roles in film, tv, and theatre!
2. earning as a freelance market manager
3. exploring a sideline career as a back of book indexer
1. learning from my past, letting go of the future, and accepting the gift of the present
2. seeking guidance through prayer
3. devoting my life to helping others
4. trusting my intuition
1. exercising my body and mind regularly
2. dancing, hiking, and seeing shows
3. swimming, running, and practicing yoga
Long term I plan to
1. have a family with a loving woman, kids and pets
2. work as an actor, writer, and producer on the set of sci-fi film and tv projects
3. live/work in my favorite cities Los Angeles, Seattle, and New York
4. continue to travel internationally for work and play
5. keep smiling!
2. Finding really cool places in the city to enjoy cupcakes, tea, and crepes
3. Giving great hugs, massages, passionate kisses, and other pleasures
4. Researching fun events to experience in the city, like concerts, film screenings, museums, readings, and live performances
5. Conversation about science fiction, films, and spirituality
6. Making space and time for myself and people that I value
7. Asking questions
non scifi tv shows - Little House on the Prairie, Highway to Heaven, The Shield, Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks
* * *
directors - David Lynch, Tim Burton, Christopher Nolan, Almodóvar, James Cameron
* * *
authors - Tolkien, CS Lewis, Shakespeare, Frank Herbert
poets - TS Eliot, Emily Dickinson, Robert Browning
* * *
sci-fi movies - Mad Max: Fury Road, Gravity, Aliens, The Matrix, Inception, District 9, Pitch Black, Star Wars Episodes IV through VI, The Abyss
non sci-fi movies - City of God, Die Hard, Blues Brothers, The Dark Knight, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Captain America: Civil War, Captain America: The Winter Soldier
* * *
music genres - Deep House, Hip Hop,Dubstep
more music genres - Grunge, Classical, R&B
even more music genres - Metal, Industrial, Alternative Metal
* * *
musicians - Flume NIN Skrillex Mobb Deep MF Doom Haydn Brahams Nirvana Fiona Apple Bear McCreary Danny Elfman The Notorious B.I.G. Björk Coldplay Foo Fighters Tear for Fears Lauryn Hill Tori Amos Phil Collins Tool A Perfect Circle Gojira Chevelle System of a Down and...
songs - The Ewok Song, The Neverending Story, Gaeta's Lament, Happy by Pharrell Williams
* * *
food - Thai, Ethiopian, vegetarian, seafood, Belgian waffles, burritos, grilled cheese with sweet potato fries, and cole slaw...no pickle thanks
* * *
desserts - cupcakes, cheesecake, oreos with coffee ice cream
more desserts - pineapple upside down cake, MANGO STICKY RICE, warm pie a la mode
VI. plan Z (when plans A through Y just don't cut it)
2. Integrating dating and healthy sexuality
3. Patterns of behavior
4. Acting in, writing about, and producing science fiction film and tv
2. My favorite ice cream flavor is coffee and oreos
3. I almost drowned scuba diving and while surfing
4. In fourth grade I broke my leg when a car struck me as I was collecting pledges for a Cub Scout WALKATHON (the irony)
5. I'm awful at Scrabble because I go for interesting rather than high scoring words
You are in New York City or are less than an hour's distance away!
you enjoy watching and talking about films (extra points for SCI-FI films)
you are tolerant of people with deep spiritual beliefs
you value humility, assertiveness, and compassion
you're open to talk on the phone before we meet
you enjoy conversations that can be deep, random, and silly, all in the same dance step!
you're willing to speak on the phone more than texting
you value acceptance and understanding
you are aiming for a long term partnership and raising kids