My name's Joseph and I'm a transplant from Austin; Austinite born and raised, catch-the 1M down to the drag and end the night with an old Nirvana record wafting the aroma of Lonestar and cigarettes.
I left Austin to see the suburban side of things; and it isn't so bad. Being existential has its own problems and the suburbs are a beautiful place to get your head on straight. It's good in a way to get a way from the pizazz of being an inner-city boy, but life demands sometimes growing up, and living here has done that for me and
Currently I work as a nanny, 2 year old girl and two 7 year old roudy boys. That'll teach ya there's more to yourself in a hot minute!
I'm on here because I don't know anyone here in Grand Prarie/Dallas, and I'd like to make some friends.
Ultimately if things go well, I'd like to see about finding a special girl to give my all to.
I'm a writer but that's espousement in sweeping sardony at life's apparent need to throw one trial after another (hah! With hands to the sky in smiling resignation), I'm a dancer in that I've got rhythym (a rare quality or a lack of confidence? The world may never know) and I'm ultimately thoughtful.
I am at the point in life to make friends for life, and leaving my past to the past, I know how strong I am and I am a survivor.
Ultimately I talk with my hands, give myself to laughter loud enough to turn eyes, and believe in la dolcha vita. As the Sicilians raise their toasts as I, a glass of wine to "Cent Anni!"
I am a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Austin and by all pretensional titles, am a chef.
I hope to meet some friends out here, message me freely and I'll get back to you!
Listening. I have been told I am a superb listener and that I come from a time when conversations were TWO way streets. I genuinely listen where others pretend and I seek to fulfill and satisfy in every way.
• Operatic, Symphonic Metal,
• Thrash Metal
• Folk Metal,
• Classical Music,
• Freestyle/Latin Hip-Hop, Italo Disco
• Industrial Music,
• Trance Music,
• Folk Music, (Turkish, Russian, Saami, et al)
• Accordion Music, (French, Greek, Russian, Czech, German, Ukranian)
• Trance Music, (Electronica)
• Vocal Music, (Singing!)
• Gothic Rock Music, and
• Etheral Wave Music.
• Lola Rennt
• Der Himmel über Berlin
• City of God
• Girl, Interrupted
• The Godfather I
• The Godfather II
• The Godfather III
• My Boy Jack
• Terminator 2
• Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain
• What Dreams May Come
• Beauty and the Beast
• Lévres de Sang
• Gran Torino
• Grave of the Fireflies
• Dune by Frank Herbert
• Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert
• Children of Dune by Frank Herbert
• God Emperor of Dune by Frank Herbert
• Heretics of Dune by Frank Herbert
• Chapterhouse: Dune by Frank Herbert
• La Diva Nicotina by Ian Gately
• Enchiridion of Epictetus by Arrian
• Friday by Robert Heinlein
• Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein
• The Prophet Kalil Gibran
• The Elder and Poetic Eddas by Snorri Snorulson
• Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling
• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling
• Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling
• Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling
• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
• TEXAS by James Michener
•2. Rare Moments of Joy that come every Now and Then and reaffirm the good life.
•3. Books - I have one or two going at a time.
•4. Stories - Oral
•5. Linguistic and Cultural Anthropology
•6. Giving yourself to a good laugh.
I grew up on console RPGs and am no foreigner to Pen and Paper.
(Clan Toreador all the way.)
•You're a cool gal who's somewhat-confident in yourself, (we all go through shit from time to time) and would like to meet a guy who takes his time and is real.
•Shoot me a message even if you just want a new friend to talk with!