In my spare time I'm an avid baseball fan (fanatic might be a more appropriate word), a runner (still trying to get back in shape for 5 and 10ks), a golfer (poorly) and a skiier. Besides that I'm into basketball (college, not pro), movies, composing and listening to music, fish, tinkering with stuff (the maintenance guys love me at the apartment), and taking random road trips with the windows down and the iPod cranked up.
I'm originally from Michigan but have lived in Tennessee, Georgia, Florida and Arizona as well. I'm extremely happy that I've moved back east since I'm now closer to where I grew up and I'm closer to my family as well.
I am intelligent, extraintroverted, and fun-loving
Movies: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Star Wars, Frat Pack Movies (Wedding Crashers, Anchorman, Old School), Breakfast Club, The Last Dragon, For the Love of the Game, War Inc, Fletch
TV Shows: How I Met Your Mother, Chuck, House, 24, Big Bang Theory, The Office, Royal Pains, 30 Rock, Community, Saturday Night Live. I also love watching both cooking and DIY shows.
Music: U2, Aerosmith, The Refreshments (Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers), Coldplay, Alice Cooper, Young Antiques, Bon Jovi, Dream Theater, Van Halen, Boston, The Killers, Just about anything from the 80s. Seriously, my record (yes, vinyl) collection is pretty diverse.
2) My family - I learned the hard way what happens when you go for "personal fortune and glory" and gained a huge appreciation for my family in the process
3) My i(whatever) - I guess I'm an apple fanboy now but really, something to have music playing either while working, working out, in the car, or relaxing at home.
4) The Internet - I keep up with stuff from everywhere I've lived so there's a lot of news and people to connect with there
5) My Health - 4 years of freak injuries will make you thankful for being healthy
6) My Job - Seriously, I always thought about what I'd do if I won the lottery and I just can't see myself not having a job of some kind. I really do like what I do even if I complain about it...but who doesn't complain about some aspect of their job.
That and how the media has influenced how we view things - everything from politics, to news, to sports and even music is driven by the media now. It seems like the real "artists" can't get anywhere since the radio plays what the record companies and sponsors of American Idol want us to hear.
A big plus for me is a woman who does not need to be in a relationship with anyone but wants to be in one. Independence is a turn-on.
I hate to draw an educational line in the sand so I won't but please have a career/job/vocation/hobby/something. If you live with your parents and, we're probably not going to work.
(Side note: I really sympathize with those who do have to live with parents because they are unemployed and have college degrees - I had to do it and it was not fun at all...trust me, it gets better.)