I'm a strange mixture of outgoing, introverted, and plenty of awkward. I'm attracted to all things grimy and morbid, and am cynical as fuck, but I've usually got a stupid grin on my face and am doing something silly.
Thoroughly un-cool and loving it!
I like it when snails leave little trails of slime on me.
I work retail and am actually pretty comfortable with it. I like where I work, it's not too stressful, and it pays for the basic necessities so that my art remains my passion instead of a product.
1. Authors include Lynda Barry, Cormac McCarthy, Chuck Palahniuk, David Sedaris, Tom Robbins, Charles Bukowski, Ernest Hemingway, Will Self, Etgar Keret, Kurt Vonnegut, Simone de Beauvoir, Augusten Burroughs... lots of stuff that makes me desolate and uncomfortable.
2. Really dark shit. Also, funny shit. Preferably a combination.
4. Lots of punk, post-punk, first wave ska, rocksteady, folk, bluegrass/country, rap... pretty much the noiser, more abrasive, louder side of any genre.
5. Burritos, thai food, and pizza cake.
2. Books and research materials.
3. Art supplies.
5. Good food.
Technically, that's way more than 6 things... Fuck your rules! Smash the thingy!
Art projects, babes, learning how to tattoo, wolves and wild dogs, domesticated dogs, what I am doing with my life, animals in general, inter species animal friendships, art, uhhhhh...
I'm often analytical to the point of overwhelming myself and others, especially when it comes to human behavior. I like to get into extended debates with people in my head that will never happen in real life.
Actually I usually work Friday nights.
Ideally, I like to explore abandoned things, climb on top of broken stuff, collect free junk, and walk on train tracks or industrial ruins.
I like to daaaance, and I'm embarrassingly enthusiastic about it! I really like sullying the dance floors of really dirty bars...
Most of the time I can be kind of a lazy ass, though.
I'm messy as fuck!
I once got blackout drunk and, while trying to pee, somehow fell and got stuck in the gutter between a car tire and a palm tree. My friend actually had to pull me out.
I'm actually not embarrassed by any of those things in the slightest. Youth culture forever!
Oh, and I am utterly, ridiculously intimidated by beautiful women and often find myself at a total loss about how to flirt. That one I am a lil shy about...
- self improvement, by which I mean trying to be healthier, happier, or more fulfilled in your life. I'm a pretty fucking flawed person, but I face the struggle every day, and when I'm around complacent people, I tend to stagnate as well :(
- an ability to see nuance in life and to keep an open mind
- having conviction
- radical politics and radical dance moves
- confidence that isn't tied to elitism or putting others down