- gym rat (though I used to be overweight)
- video game
- geek / nerd / dork (and if you've seen the venn diagram, kudos)
- social butterfly
- fun party guy (note, I didn't say obnoxious drunk)
- Former US Marine
- social liberal and fiscal conservative (which means I don't fit as Democrat nor Republican)
- hopeless romantic
- thrill / adventure chaser
- comfortable with certain traditional gender roles
- very protective of children, animals and old people
To paraphrase Thoreau, I want to suck the marrow out of life!
I've lived in. Maryland, DC, North Dakota, Vegas, Phoenix and more. Yes. I love to travel and hope you do too. I've been to a number of countries on all the continents but it's the company one has that makes it perfect.
For work, I'm in senior management leading customer success organizations for tech companies. It may not have glamour of being a doctor or lawyer, but it pays well, i'm great at it and, most importantly, i love doing it. I have the opportunity lead employees all across the global to solve people's problems and make them happy.
- public speaking
- lifting heavy things and putting them back down
- humor (at times, even, self-depricating)
- making bulleted lists in dating profiles
And, unfortunately, often times the assumption is that I'm dumb as a rock. (Because only dumb people have muscles, right?) Actually, I think I'm too intelligent for my own good! But, I suppose, it'd be nice to not be perceived as intimidating as much. I know what that's like. I used to get beat up all the damn time in school.
The same thing of books could be said about movies. *Some* favorite ones are The Princess Bride and any of the Marvel/DC movies (Batman, Iron Man, Spider Man). As a whole I enjoy Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, *some* Romantic Comedies (not by myself), Documentaries and Mind-Twisting movies. I do not like Horror movies at all. I've seen plenty of "icky" stuff in real life which hasn't fazed me, but somehow seeing it on TV impacts me. Go figure! :)
Shows that are my current favorites are:
- Breaking Bad
- Walking Dead
- Under the Dome
Food? I love it all. :) Especially "ethnic" cuisine. Sushi is my favorite, though!