I consider myself an interesting eclectic mix of life. I don't fit into any specific category, though I do think people like to do that to make it easier to relate to others. Some categories I fit in are:
- gym rat (though I used to be overweight)
- video game
- geek / nerd / dork (and if you've seen the venn diagram, kudos)
- social butterfly
- fun party guy (note, I didn't say obnoxious drunk)
- Former US Marine
- social liberal and fiscal conservative (which means I don't fit as Democrat nor Republican)
- hopeless romantic
- thrill / adventure chaser
- comfortable with certain traditional gender roles
- very protective of children, animals and old people
To paraphrase Thoreau, I want to suck the marrow out of life!
For work, I'm in senior management leading customer success organizations for tech companies. It may not have glamour of being a doctor or lawyer, but it pays well, i'm great at it and, most importantly, i love doing it. I have the opportunity to lead employees all across the globe, to solve people's problems and make them happy.
- public speaking
- lifting heavy things and putting them back down
- humor (at times, even, self-depricating)
- making bulleted lists in dating profiles
And, unfortunately, often times the assumption is that I'm dumb as a rock. (Because only dumb people have muscles, right?) Actually, I think I'm too intelligent for my own good! But, I suppose, it'd be nice to not be perceived as intimidating as much. I know what that's like. I used to get beat up all the damn time in grade school.
The same thing of books could be said about movies. *Some* favorite ones are The Princess Bride and any of the Marvel/DC movies (Batman, Iron Man, Spider Man). As a whole I enjoy Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, *some* Romantic Comedies (not by myself), Documentaries and Mind-Twisting movies. I do not like Horror movies at all. I've seen plenty of "icky" stuff in real life which hasn't fazed me, but somehow seeing it on TV impacts me. Go figure! :)
Shows that are my current favorites are:
- Breaking Bad
- Walking Dead
- Under the Dome
Food? I love it all. :) Especially "ethnic" cuisine. Sushi is my favorite, though!