I love meeting new people of all kinds, but bonus if you can keep up a good conversation.
used to have a list here of things I like to do (travel, books, cycling, etc), but that doesn't really tell you much about me, its like checking off boxes on a list.
I've recently come back to North America after living in Eastern Europe for a while, so I'm still in some culture shock. I work in a think tank. I like maps, and data.
I ride my bike most places, but I have a car to get out of the city as well.
i would like to spend more time in nature than I do.
Here mostly looking for friends, but you never know.
1. Finding my way around new places.
2. Airline itineraries.
3. Finding cool cafes, bars, restaurants.
4. Integrating 1,2, and 3.
The History of Love - Nicole Krauss
The Autobiography of Red - Anne Carson
Beautiful Losers - Leonard Cohen
The Cartoon History of the Universe - Larry Gonick
Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie
Many things by Wes Anderson (yeah, I know, he can be precious, but I still like it)
Many things by Tim Burton
Many things by John Waters
lots of other stuff too.
the kind that doesn't suck :-)
1. coffee (seriously, people)
2. contact with friends and family
3. internet access (sadly)
4. coffee (yes, again)
5. while I could do without it, I'd be pretty unhappy if I lost my ipod
6. my glasses. I suppose that trying to function without them would be pretty crappy.