Unlike some Christians I have seen, I don't believe that you can force people to change lifestyles and behaviors. What breaks my heart is to see people who are living unfulfilled lives with no conception that God had already created a plan and purpose for them. Through example, love, patience and education, I work to help people, especially young people, discover their purpose and live a more fulfilling, Spirit-filled and purpose-driven life.
I don't easily get angry. I am usually calm and serene. I try not to let things worry me. In my view, worry is futile, useless and nonproductive. Pray and stop worrying. If you can take some concrete action to rectify the situation, then do it and stop worrying. Like my picture, I'm usually smiling because I'm happy. When I'm not smiling, people think I'm unhappy, but I'm usually just contemplating something. In Philippians 4:11, Paul said, "For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." I think that describes me.
2) My favorite movies are horror and science-fiction, by far. My favorite movies are anything based on a Stephen King novel, MST3K, or titles directed by Stanley Kubrick, George A. Romero, Dario Argento, Clive Barker, Wes Craven, Dario Argento, Rob Zombie, Tobe Hooper, and I could go on. Some movies that I've watched recently are Audition, Tesis, 8MM, Human Centipede, Roman, Hard Candy, Dead Girl, Teeth, XTRO, Caligula and Salo. Besides that, I also like psychological thrillers, independent films, and espionage thrillers.
I like any TV that is sci-fi or horror: Lost (RIP), The Event, [[Supernatural, [[Medium (RIP), Fringe, Warehouse 13, Stargate Universe, The Walking Dead, Haven, Eureka, V, Being Human, most movies on Chiller or SyFy, even if they're really stupid, because that makes them funny
Besides my affinity for tech and science, literature, science-fiction, horror and graphic novels, I enjoy listening to old time radio (OTR) broadcasts, specifically anything in the supernatural or suspense genre. Some of my favorites include CBS Radio Mystery Theater, Lights Out, Suspense, Inner Sanctum, and The Whistler, just to name a few.
3) I like just about any food that is good and healthy (Asian -- Korean, Thai, Chinese, Mediterranean, fusion, . I try to stay away from foods with a lot of fat, sugar, salt and empty carbs. I like to discover new cuisines and ethnic restaurants. Although I can't deny a weakness for pastries, burgers and fries, steaks and chocolate, I really try to stay away from these things. Really I do.
4) My musical tastes are eclectic, to say the least. These are the groups on my mp3 player.
Rock and Pop - U2, Sting, Police, Prince, Natalie Merchant, Depeche Mode, Alanis Morissette, Cure, R.E.M., Staind, Daughtry, Nickelback, Linkin Park, All-American Rejects, Black Eyed Peas
R&B and Soul - Lauryn Hill, India Arie, Erykah Badu, Seal, Sade, Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Roberta Flack, Chantay Savage, Gil Scott Heron, Bob Marley, Sam Cooke, James Brown, Otis Redding, Curtis Mayfield
Rap and Hip-Hop - Tupac, Goodie Mob, Common, Fugees, Righteous Poets, Nas, Michael Franti/Spearhead, Nuttin' But Stringz
Folk and Traditional - Indigo Girls, Tracy Chapman, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Soweto Gospel Choir, Boys Choir of Kenya, African Children's Choir, Deep Forest, Globe Trekker, Angelique Kidjo, Enya, Clannad, R. Carlos Nakai, Putomayo World Music
Christian - Negro Sprituals by Fisk Jubilee Singers, Moses Hogan Chorale, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Chanticleer, Fairfield Four
4) technology (i.e., computers, Internet, gadgets)
5) chocolate :-)
6) humor or laughter
1) God's Grace and Mercy
2) a loving and supportive family
3) my health -- physical, mental and emotional
4) educational and career opportunities that God has provided
5) stable employment during this recession
6) safe, secure housing and nutritious food during this recession
7) been born in the USA
2) You are intellectually curious and interested in learning new things. You enjoy hanging out in comic book stores (or any bookstore). You love lively discussions about progressive politics, literature, film and music.
3) You are compatible with an INFJ/INTJ personality -- and you know what that is.
4) You are a nerd or a geek, particularly in the areas that I describe above.