I'm a single mom of a beautiful little girl. She comes first, no matter what.
I am poly. I have a primary. I do not want to upset the balance in my life. If those terms make sense and are fine with you, please continue. Also, if you are curious what they mean, go ahead and message me.
Now the heavy stuff is out of the way, I'm prior military. I spent six years in the Navy dealing with nuclear reactors. No, I don't glow in the dark. I love to cook. I make a pretty mean biscuits and gravy. I also love bacon. I like to think that I can tolerate everyone and accept most. Exceptions to this rule: Those who do others harm. Be it physical, mental or neglectful, I can't abide that.
Anybody else, feel free to say what's up.
Old lady hobbies - I really enjoy knitting and crocheting. I've just started to teach myself how to knit socks. The needles are stupid tiny.
Eating - I am not a rabbit. Yeah, that about sums it up.
Taking multiple choice tests - This is something that has always made my peers really upset. I guess it's a gift.
Books - I'll read just about everything. Even the back of cereal boxes. But I really liked the Ender series, just about anything by Stephen King (I'm working my way through his works right now), and pretty much anything fantasy. I love being able to escape in a book and imagine what it would be like to have magic or fly or travel in time.
Movies - I love Snatch. (I really do love the movie but that is probably my favorite way to talk about it.) I'm a huge fan of the works of Quentin Tarantion. I'm a big nerd. Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, the answer is yes. I also have a gigantic soft spot for kung-fu movies. All kung-fu movies. But I refuse to watch The Princess Bride. End of story
Shows - Doctor Who (I love Doctor Who with an unholy passion), House, Dexter, Say Yes to the Dress, Project Runway, Duck Dynasty, Iron Chef - anything on Food Network really. I don't watch that much television. I don't have anything that I watch every week or anything like that.
Music - Country. Yeah, I know it's not the popular answer but I could care less. I also like most other kinds of music as well but country is my favorite. I have a harder time enjoying death metal and the stuff my mother listens to (mostly sixties music). Some of my favorite artists include: Hunter Hayes, Lee Brice, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Adele, Madonna, Melissa Etheridge, and Bruno Mars.
Food- I love food. Not all food but most of it. I'm willing to try anything. Things I know I don't like: Feta cheese and octopus. It's a much shorter list. At the top of my lovelovelove list is German food, sushi, homemade pasta, cheese (but it doesn't love me back) and BACON. Everything is better with bacon, even bacon.
1. My daughter - She is my fabulous mini-me. She is cute and crazy and fearless. I look up to her even if she's half my height.
2. Bacon - Have I mentioned how much I love bacon? Seriously, it's like my favorite thing ever.
3. High heels - I love shoes in general but high heels just ooze sexy. Well, they should. Otherwise, you're doing it wrong. I can't get enough of how good my "assets" look when I put on a pair of FM heels.
4. Music - I enjoy almost all type of music. But country is really my jam. I feel like there is a country song for any situation. Music helps my define my life and create a happy head space.
5. Tea - I drink tea like it's going out of style. I know that's a little crazy since it has been popular for thousands of years but I adore tea. Hot, cold, black, white, green, rooibos, all of it. It's so yummy!
6. Love - I'm in love with love. Affection is what makes life such a joy. Both the emotional attachments and the physical manifestations of love are such a sweet experience.
On a more serious note, I think a lot about all the things I need to get done during the day, making lists, and being awesomesauce!
I dislike wearing underwear and only do it if a situation requires it, i.e. going to the doctor.
I'm scared of what's in the dark. Most people just think I'm afraid of the dark. They aren't the same.
I have severe social anxiety with respect to crowds. This makes parties and rock concerts difficult.
I'm sure there's more but I'll think about that later.
P.S. Thanks for reading my whole profile. You're awesome!