I don't believe in luck, karma, or cynicism. I follow my instincts, intuitions, and perhaps my 'heart', whatever that means.
Working in hospitality is more of a lifestyle than a career to me. This means I'm almost always helpful, well-mannered, and witty (although my message to you might prove otherwise) no matter where I am. So if you like to host dinner parties or care for the infirmed, we'd probably be a good match.
If we end up being friends... great! But that's not why I'm here (exceptions will be made for exceptional Scrabble players / trivia contestants). I'd be your penpal only if you live on the island. Short-term dating of a fascinating but ultimately incompatible woman interests me most, but a long-term relationship with a sexy genius would be the best.
I'd also like to play for a national soccer team in the senior's World Cup. Like, how hard can it be to make San Marino's or Fiji's team? I'd be willing to move if it mattered.
Until then, I'll continue working as a chef. I'd like to teach cooking and baking to young people eventually because I seem to have a knack for it. I'd also like have my own restaurant(s), and I have a menu for each already.
- making the best with what I have wherever I am
- showing up when and where I said I would
- caring or not caring (depending on what suits the situation best)
Civilisation with Kenneth Clark
Century of the Self
F for Fake
The Seventh Seal
Some Kind of Wonderful
Crimes & Misdemeanors
Strangers on a Train
anything with Steve Coogan
any insightful / depressing documentary
music: 60's psych or 80's stuff. What I like most are depressing bands that I wouldn't play unless alone like The Smiths, Spiritualized, Portishead. Same goes for Sparks and Ween, but they're more annoying than sad. I also like singing and playing Beatles or Bill Withers songs on my guitar or mini-guitar (and my versions of Tweet songs). Growing up where I did made me somewhat of a fan of dancehall, which surprises some people who think they know me.
food: pizza (kinda obsessed...), cafe sua da (worth the wait), deep-fried _______ (tempura kale/rapini is great; most recent experiment: croque monsieur crois-sandwich!)
My trivia team (friends + knowledge + free drinks 〓 good times)
An occasional night out dancing (sometimes it doesn't even matter where or to what)
My family, although I don't see them as often as I'd like
Coffee, Blistex DCT, and Extra-strength Fisherman's Friend
Wait, I forgot about zinc. Come back zinc!
- new recipes
- the re-vitalization of Detroit
- comparing the news with history
- dead white European heroes
- an iclusive world where Asian cuisines use rapini and the former Yugoslavia re-unites for sporting events
- seemingly able-bodied, otherwise unencumbered men who take the elevator rather than brave ONE flight of stairs
- origin stories (especially where foods come from)
- going to Pag
- fan death
- the epic song I'm going to write after I meet you
- you want to play SuperScrabble; tennis when it's warm enough
- you want to open a bar or restaurant with me
- we think we might hate the same things
- you don't care that Nature has denied me a beard and I refuse to get a tattoo (I'd probably like yours though. The tattoo, not the beard.)
- you can do justice to a Bjork song at karaoke
- you like properly made popcorn or ginger-based beverages
- you're not totally guano
- I messaged you