Now for the funny (and sad): http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-i-learned-from-worst-online-dating-profile-ever/
Warning: Shit's about to get real here.
I've been doing this online dating thing for a while, and I've dated many potential suitors or what not thanks to OKC. But while I've found that it's good for quantity, it lacks in quality. I've dated some great guys, made some good friends, and had some incredible dates. But on the flip side, I've dated some absolute douchebags, and I have enough dating horror stories for my own HBO series. So I'm going to put this out there because I'm thinking of giving this all up, and I have nothing to lose:
- I'm looking for a long-term relationship with a kind, intelligent, emotionally available, witty, adorably nerdy or geeky, professional, mature man who is seeking the same. And yes, I'm yet another Asian girl who typically dates white men.
- This does not mean I am looking for exclusivity on the first date.
- This also does not mean that I am looking for you to put a ring on it on the second date. But it would be nice if that were something you'd like to do one day.
- I am not looking to date anyone whose life creedo is "lie, cheat, steal," as I'm not looking to date a liar, cheater, or thief. If any of those apply to you, please hit the back button and try another.
- I'm a fun date, and I'm an incredible friend. I find that I'm at my best when I'm in a relationship, though I'm also good on my own.
- I have always loved children and thought I'd be a mom, but now I'm on the fence about having my own. I also love single dads, and I would welcome being a stepmom (challenges and all).
- I also have the sweetest dog ever, so if you're a dog owner and would like to have a doggy play date or are just plain awesome (or BOTH!), please feel free to drop me a line!
And lastly, this is the kind of love I'm looking for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno
I've gone back and forth between PR and publishing, currently the latter. So what that means is that I can hold a conversation on just about anything with your friends, parents, and/or great-grandma and not embarrass you, and I'll also copyedit the menu while we're having dinner.
Making you and others around us laugh.
Carving the turkey at all major holidays.
Traveling. It's a passion. I can get us there and back.
Grammar, spelling, and punctuation. What's your take on the serial comma?
I love Adele, The Black Keys and Florence + The Machine. I'm also a fan of Ray LaMontagne, Amos Lee and even dabble now and again into country. And my music collection contains a surprisingly large amount of Tupac. Don't hate.
I'll eat just about anything, except sweet or braised meat (carnitas is the exception), anything with dill (other than pickles), and brains (though I have not tried them, I still don't want them in my mouth). I also don't really like chocolate all that much. When I eat a chocolate chip cookie, I prefer to eat the cookie part and toss the chips. I also scrape the middle out of Oreos and throw it away. And I have a hard time passing a doughnut or fro yo shop without stopping in. I'm also a fanatic about soup dumplings. And my favorite restaurant in the world is Momofuku Saam Bar in NY. If it's yours, too, the search is over.
- Love. It makes the world go round.
- Jaelyn. She's my great-niece. She is adorable and sweet, and I will hunt anyone down and make them look at pictures of her if they disagree.
- Dim Sum. Breakfast of champions indeed. I know the best places in the city if you are game.
- TV. Yes, San Francisco, I watch TV. I like TV and I love my TiVo. Stop trying to pretend like you don't still watch TV, too. Hulu still counts.
- My dog, my friends, and most of my family.
- Real Christmas trees
- Why married people are on this site. (I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it really, but I do like to read their profiles to see how they reason it)
- How I can justify buying this or that.
- Why everything that tastes so good is bad for you.
- Can I put avocado on that?
- When wanting to date just one person at a time became so frowned upon and old-fashioned.
- Why women have been visiting my page lately.
Ok, but really, if you: enjoy witty banter and like sass; are not married; are not an ex-con; are not a commitment phobe; do not wear mandals (though I love a man in flip-flops); love road trips; are not dating multiples; are kind to animals and old people; and can make me laugh. Oh, and if you're really actually down to meeting and not just talking or talking about it.
As mentioned, I love single dads, too.
Also, if you're considering sending me a message anything like these: