Put it in my wallet and save until the next time I needed bus fare.
Buy two beers - two for me, or one for me and one for a friend.
I might just save it, or I might go to Block & Tackle oyster happy hour and eat a ridiculous amount of oysters.
Buy a ticket to Tokyo, Beijing, Helsinki, etc. Somewhere!
Pay down my mortgage, and buy a ticket to one of the places listed above, maybe also go to oyster happy hour. Hire someone to build an app that allows you to browse okcupid profiles and filters forms of the word "hiking/hike" and replaces them with "plumbing/plumb"; and "wanderlust" with "bronchitis".
Pay down my mortgage, renovate my attic and basement, go to oyster happy hour.
Buy a good condition classic car, take a leave of absence from work, and take about six months driving across the U.S. Come back to the Pacific Northwest and buy a goat and/or llama ranch. I would also go to oyster happy hour.
Buy an old Apache helicopter and learn to fly it. Quit my job and fly it across the country, blaring Boston's “Don't Look Back” at deafening volumes as I hover above small towns. Come back to the Pacific Northwest and buy an oyster farm. Buy a bunch of llamas and goats and train them to work there.
Buy a mega-yacht and a bunch of cannons. Hire a daring captain and sail to Somalia, seek out pirates to engage. Once all of the pirates have been defeated, become a pirate myself, sailing across the world with my captain and crew, plundering, harvesting fresh fish from the sea and cooking it, singing shanties and dirges.
Buy a baseball team.
Wait until the next Super Bowl, buy all of the advertising space, and use it to broadcast footage of me dancing by myself in front of a green screen with various backdrops. If I have any money leftover, possibly buy a baseball team, an Apache helicopter, and go to oyster happy hour.
I’m a simple man.
Update: I just got two kittens and named them Horace and Leon.
Resting Dick Face
Recently impressed a co-worker by correctly answering that Lisa Loeb did the song "Stay"
Some other things
I hated 1Q84. Hated hated hated it. I threw it in the garbage when I was done reading it so that copy would never bother anyone again.
Film: Billy Wilder, John Huston, Robert Altman, Alexander Payne, Coens, Scorsese, Hitchcock, Fincher, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Terminator II: Judgment Day, The Act of Killing
Music: Silver Jews, Radiohead, Neil Young, Jonathan Richman, Black Keys, Stravinsky, Tool, Santigold, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, classical, jazz, blues, live music shows, also a big big fan of embarrassing 90s alt rock and 80s new wave
Listen to "The Lark Ascending" by Ralph Vaughn Williams. Quite magical: http://youtu.be/ZR2JlDnT2l8
TV: The Sopranos, The Wire, Game of
Thrones, Fargo, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, Top Chef, Bourdain stuff
Also love podcasts: This American Life, The World, Planet Money, A Way with Words, 99% Invisible, Stuff to Blow Your Mind
Paul Newman --> decaying face --> skull
do women who love beards also love pubes? if not, why not?
what if my soulmate ignores my okcupid message?
- you like trying new food, and you like to eat healthy nutritious food most of the time, and terrible greasy meaty food some of the time.
- you are Natalie Imbruglia circa 1997 (or, let's be honest, circa anytime).
- you want to talk about why Shakespeare is the smartest person on the list.
- you are: ambitious, intelligent, curious, creative, happy.
- you have an interesting historical factoid to share.
- you think you can beat me in chess.
- you want to share your top three places you'd like to travel.
- idea for first date: I will bring a container of homemade mashed potatoes, you will bring a container of homemade mashed potatoes. There are no restrictions as to the type of mashed potatoes. Meet in a park, sample the mashed potatoes, rate the potatoes on a number of criteria.