- All time favourites: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, A Song of Ice and Fire, Steven King, especially The Dark Tower Series and It
- I have a certain thing for Thomas Harris' novels and (psychological) crime or political/Sci-Fi novels in general. May it be quite dystopian or not so happy ending.
- Philosophic works(Schopenhauer, Sartre, Spengler, Camus Zizek and Slotterdijk to name a few but personally important authors.)
- I also like historical settings. As an exampel I would choose Shogun by James Clavell.
- When it comes to fantasy topics I would say I enjoyed Harry Potter, just not a real fan. But I really liked Jonathan Strouds Bartimaeus novels and I would highly recommend them.
- Definite, long time favourites: German stuff like Rammstein or Subway to Sally, Linkin Park, Turmion Katilöt, VAST, SOAD/Serj Tankian, Laibach. To drop a few names.
- But I'd say have I a wide taste in music, with a tendency towards Metal.
Too much and therefore too hard to call out favourites here.
But I would definitely high-light every movie from Studio Ghibli/Myazaki. I have a nerdy, nostalgic relation to the old, japanese Godzilla movies. And regarding movies Edward Norton is in, I usually can't say no. I worship that actor!
- Documentaries. Really cannot get enough of them. May it be about (recent) politics, culture, historic events, nature and animals or scientific topics.
- I really love Star Trek, especially DS9 for it's more critic and grim, not so much utopian view, but Next Generation of course is an absolute classic. I also really enjoyed Babylon 5 and The Sopranos. I'm totally hooked on GoT since it aired. And I fucking love Fringe. I did enjoy Andromeda but I see it as one of the weaker Roddenberry inspired series. When it comes to Comedy I really love South Park or Parks and Recreations. The It crowd really was fun aswell. I have to say I have some kind of tendency towards cynical or sarcastic humor regarding comedy, but cleverness, witty and (pop-)culture references are always tolerated as well.
- Also a very wide taste, literally. Really can not clearly identify a preference when it comes to this.