this is my prior profile, written years ago. I guess it's mostly accurate, but I need to change my age!!!
fun, lively grownup. playful, reflective, unconventional, stable, reliable, strongly connected to those I love. flexible and rooted ... at 67, it would be miraculously magical & the best thing ever (!) to meet a fun kindred companion to play with - connect easily, harmoniously, feel that spark ... where entering each others lives would be effortless & joyful. not looking for drama, a husband, or live-in boyfriend to disturb the sweet balance, AND life is an ever-changing balancing act, so who knows? going off kilter a little can be exciting & delightful, and love is the greatest mystery of all.
my favorite quote of the moment: "Everyone of us is called upon, probably many times, to start a new life. A frightening diagnosis, a marriage, a move, loss of a job ... and onward full tilt we go, pitched and wrecked and absurdly resolute, driven in spite of everything to make good on a new shore. To be hopeful, to embrace one possibility after another - that is surely the basic instinct...Crying out into the glorious debris. Time to take this life for what it is." Barbara Kingsolver
doing yoga, they will notice my flexibility ... & more & more, my strength. with my grandkids, they'll see me crawling around on the floor, being a monster or laughing my head off ... or singing & dancing. if i am delighted by something or someone, they might notice that my eyes disappear when i smile.
* favorite recent nonfiction ~ "Lady's Hands, Lion's Heart: A Midwife's Saga" & "A General Theory of Love"
* bedside: Rumi, Rilke, Mary Oliver, Anne Lamott
* a recent favorite movie ~ "Incendies"
also, I'm a Ryan Gosling fan. "Lars & the Real Girl"; "Blue Valentine"; he even made "Crazy Stupid Love" watchable.
* a favorite DC restaurant ~ Zaytinya (Greek, Turkish, Lebanese small plates)
* so much music ~ Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder, James Taylor, Bob Marley, Ella Fitzgerald, Sting, Feist, Corinne Bailey Rae, Eva Cassidy ... & all my young musician friends & family who play incredible jazz music - Tomas Fujiwara, Brian Settles, Danny Mayer & OTS Trio, Finn Singer, the list goes on & on & ...
* tv news: Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Bill Maher, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann
* tv fun/pleasure: Dexter (Oct 2 return - woo hoo!), and now Homeland (excellent!), Nurse Jackie, The Big C, So You Think You Can Dance
* former tv series: Six Feet Under, My So Called Life
* close family & best friends, including my son & grandsons & new granddaughter
* a serene, welcoming & beautiful environment in which to live & work
* solitude & silence
* ocean & sand & trees & flowers & beauty & art & music & movement. how many is that? way more than 6!!! i am blessed by so much. could i NEVER do without some of these? of course, i could & so many do. if it happened, i imagine resilience would carry me onto the next incarnation.
May your fears yield
Their deepest tranquilities.
May all that is unlived in you
Blossom into a future
Graced with love."
___ John O'Donohue
you are looking for a companion to share the joys and sorrows of life. you like to travel & would prefer to share the experience with a partner than do it solo. you are NOT a narcissist! you are living joyfully & pretty contentedly. (or at least you were until DJT got elected.) you're reflective, playful, open, curious, calm, honest, forthright, comfortable in your skin, an active participant in this life. easy sharer of feelings, ideas, good communicator. politically progressive. not attached to a religion, or if you are, relaxed in your beliefs, not imposing. my photos & profile resonate with you, & you're curious to see more.