I am a fairly recent transplant from CO but my heart has lived in the PNW for much longer. I have come here seeking fertile ground and to join this maker's Mecca.
Who wants to go on a bike ride and make some crafty projects?! Or learn how to identify and harvest medicinal wild herbs?
I'm also not opposed to reading dates at tea shops...
Just kidding, tickle fights are serious business and I would not engage in one without prior written consent.
Although you never know.. One Halloween I did dress up as the tickle monster and went out on a rampage. The laughter-cries of innocent bystanders could be heard for miles around!
- Giving/receiving smiles
- Navigating around new cities (With or without Google maps)
- comforting a friend in need
-Losing bookmarks while reading in bed, regardless of any specific effort not to
- Singing along to guitar solos
- making jewelry and costumes
- Beer bongs... What can I say, it's like riding a bike, not something you easily forget how to do.
I can say, though, the first things I notice upon meeting new people might reveal the first things people may notice about me:
- I like when people laugh easily and smile with their whole face
- I love when people give genuine hugs and handshakes
- I appreciate when people hold eye contact and actively listen
Music: Animal Eyes, Townes Van Zandt, and new Radiohead
Book: The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan
Podcast: The Superwoman Chronicles (yes, you should check it out.)
Supplement: Cordyceps Mushrooms and B complex all day!
Food: Mangos or Pineapple (I just got back from Maui and can't get enough.)
Entertainment: the bizarre thing we call the political process and the ensuing media shit show..
2. My bicycle
3. Multipurpose pocket tool
4. Yerba mate lattes
6. A well stocked kitchen with sharp knives.
I love to:
- see live music; blues, jazz, rock, heavy metal, experimental, psychedelic, reggae, punk, ska, funk/soul, instrumental/classical, bluegrass, electronic dancey dubsteppy sticky stuff. I love music!
- see plays or stand-up comedy
- go to museums or libraries
- go dancing (preferably something funky!)
- go hiking [in the rain, too]
- go on bike rides of all sorts, I love this city and its robust bike/pedestrian infrastructure
- attend gallery openings/street fairs (being around people and socializing in those settings is my jam)
- throw dinner/dance parties (my roommates are super fun)
- take bubble baths
- get out of town for a weekend camping/backpacking (or glamping, hah, I just like to get outside)
- take photography adventures
- make functional crafty projects with a variety of mediums
- work on bikes
- participate in group fitness/wellness classes
- cook super dank meals at home
- kick it with my family
- go mushroom hunting
- I lovelovelove learning and doing new things- so hit me up and let's go play!
And/or you have:
-Respect for yourself and the world
-Concern/ambition for overall wellness
-Bouts of uncontrollable smiling and/or giggling
-A sense of social responsibility
-Tendencies to think critically/logically
-New music to share
-And general enthusiasm/curiosity about the nature of our existence...!