Other concrete random facts
- I've got moves like Jagger
- I have an undergraduate degree in Classics
- I don’t rock climb, but I enjoy hiking and camping.
- I grew up in the Midwest.
- The moon holds a special place in my life
- I was an archaeologist for a decade
- I was in environmental conservation for half of a different decade
- I fell off a three story cliff during work and lived
- Life is all about the simple things.
- I am into photography, here are some pics
- My sense of humor is: dry, lewd, puns, "the world is so absurd i must make a joke to keep my sanity"
My anti-Trump protests consist of:
- Giving $100 a month to civil rights orgs
- I got some refurbished Computers and am donating their time to science projects (through BOINC - Science is Real!)
- became a card carrying member of the ACLU
- Not giving into the hate and fear he tries to spread
I’m building a radio telescope using a kit I bought from NASA. Jupiter makes signals that sound like Ocean waves. A chance to listen to a cosmic ocean that at its closest is 365 million miles away is a pretty amazing opportunity, I think.
I volunteer/have volunteered to do things like:
- Helping scientists visualize Orca whale feeding habits.
- Volunteer for SlutWalk when they were around
- Build the donation buckets for SF Pride
- Courage Campaign back when they were helping to overturn Prop 8
I'm hesitant to put this because it seems obvious with me being forty, but it seems to be a major theme in women's profiles - i have my shit together: i am financially stable and am able to take care of myself - emotionally and physically. I don't play people. I own my own car outright. I live by myself in a one bed room apt in Oakland
I like poetry: Anne Sexton, Leonard Cohen, Charles Bukowski, Catullus, Sappho, A E Stallings, others.
I also like short stories - Margret Atwood, Hank Chinaski, lightman, Hemingway (i know, i know), i am a big fan of the O Henry awards and anthologies of various authors around a theme.
Movies/tv: Dark Crystal, Amelie, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Ground Hog's Day, LA Story (really Steve Martin films), Bridesmaids, Arrested Development, Harold & Maude,, Casablanca, Wes Anderson films, What's eating Gilbert Grape, and I enjoy documentaries. I also admit i liked star trek next generation. Broad city is hilarious. And of course, futurama. I just started watching X files (maybe that should be the private thing) i just started season 4.
Novels: Niel Gaiman, Margret Atwood (Again), Eco, Henry Miller, Douglas Adams, Richard Adams, King's "Dark Tower Series"
I also read scientific non fiction, usually physics- astronomy related. I also still read up on Archaeological finds and civilizations, my latest obsession is Mesopotamia.
i know this isn't a category, but i have a soft spot for Bettie page - love that 50's rock a billy vintage look.
music: Neko Case, Regina Spektor, Rob Zombie, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Fiona Apple, Everclear, Emmylou Harris, Monster Magnet, Liz Phair, Leonard Cohen, Jenny Lewis, The Cramps, Prince, Peggy Lee, Harry Chapin, Shawn Colvin, Izzy Stradlin, Rolling Stones, Tom Petty etc.
Food: yes. (i am *so* original)
When i am gone i wonder if my cats are having a party with out me
It is estimated the solar system looped around our galaxy over 20 times in the past 4.3 billion years. That shit cray.