Just a few things that grab me/my attention:
- Catching a gig/show etc at one of the many awesome venues around, enjoying beverages at said venues
- Milling around flea markets/exploring greenery/sources of oxygen
- Invading record stores
- spending too much time on discogs
- having a sound knowledge of music
- playing councillor to family/friends
Film wise? Love arthouse/independent stuff, foreign films/doco's. A few that recently grabbed me: Amy, Iris, Birdman.
Food? // Italian, Mehican, Thai, Vietnamese, Jap... Recently began making Sushi.. dumplings are a hit. I am convinced banh mi makes the weak strong again.
Music // Just some goodness.. Massive Attack, The Pixies, The Stone Roses, Led Zeppelin, Portishead, You Am I, Obligatory 60s stuff (beatles, stones, who etc), Miles Davis, Coltrane, Nick Drake/Cave, Fairport Convention..beastie boys, phillip glass, the national.
Lots of local good stuff too (HTRK, Beaches, Melb Ska Orchestra...)
adequate caffeine intake
music - instruments/records
What humorous tripe to put in this dialogue box...
You too, would like to attempt a quest to find the best Banh Mi, vinyl record stockists in Melbourne.