Independent thinker / Collaborative drinker.
Made up of atoms, bits, memes, and dreams.
For the development of collective intelligence and the wellbeing of all lifeforms.
For authentic, caring, and meaningful connections.
If you feel the desire to meet me, you should know that I'm not chill.
I'm warm and passionate and opinionated.
I'm also shy and messy and often-late.
🗣🇬🇧🇫🇷🇪🇸 & (very) slowly learning 🇷🇺
ENFP (But I just read an article that says Myers-Briggs doesn't work).
Studied communications & literature in Mexico, then screenwriting & cultural project management in Paris. Now I'm self-schooling myself in everything related to social and technological disruption. Autonomous organizations, distributed manufacturing, experience design, storytelling with global impact. Needless to say, my mind is all over the place...
Looking to connect with creative people interested in literature, cinema, music, theater, coding, architecture, genetics, psychology, nutrition, etc…
I've been living in Paris since 2006, so I know it almost like the palm of my hand. Ok, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but I do know it better than most locals because I’m curious like a cat. I’m also lazy like a cat, but that’s another matter.
SOCIAL PHILOSOPHY (AKA POLITICAL VIEWS)
- Individualist Anarchism, Development Criticism, Non-specialization, Epicureanism, Mutual Aid, Civil Disobedience, Free Love, Agnosticism, Collaborative Economy, Global Unconditional Basic Income, Post-Capitalism, Post-Consumerism, Post-Nation States, Algorithmic Governance, Blockchain Identity, Transhumanism, Practical Idealism, A World Without Borders or Nations, etc…
Culture hacking / Holistic design / Intrinsic narratives / Moving images / Storytelling.
Current priority: Building a platform that fosters social dialogue and citizen participation by empowering anyone in the world to easily organize public screenings of documentaries about climate change and social change.
Long term project: Building a content creators accelerator program for independent storytellers. Helping artists be in charge of their careers. Developing such a career for myself as well.
Volunteering for nonprofits in the collaborative economy and environmental spaces. Developing new business models so we may stop consuming all our resources. Writing stories to be turned into movies. Making photos and videos of interesting people or stuff. Singing along to music. Cooking, drinking and eating. Reading and reading into the wee hours of the morning.
Connecting the dots. Sleeping. Being late. Language. Screenwriting. Photography. Lateral thinking. Procrastinating.
I ask a lot of questions about why we do things the way we do them and where do our ideas come from.
- Umberto Eco, Vladimir Nabokov, Aldous Huxley, Fernando Pessoa, Haruki Murakami, Herman Hesse, Charles Baudelaire, Maurice Maeterlinck, Calderón de la Barca, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Plato, etc...
- Astérix & Obélix, Calvin & Hobbes, Garfield, etc...
- Chris Marker, Darren Aronofsky, Wes Anderson, Lars Von Trier, Charlie Kaufman, Woody Allen, Stanley Kubrick, Jean-Luc Godard, Giuseppe Tornatore, Andrei Tarkovsky, Jean Cocteau, Michelangelo Antonioni, Akira Kurosawa, The Coen Brothers, Wong Kar-Wai, Jim Jarmusch, Kim Ki Duk, Pierre Étaix, Wim Wenders, Richard Linklater, John Cassavetes, Aleksandr Sokurov, Todd Solondz, Gaspar Noé, Shane Carruth, Noah Baumbach, Park Chan-Wook, etc...
- Seinfeld, The Simpsons, South Park, Ren & Stimpy, Monty Python, SNL, etc...
- The Doors, The Zombies, The Beatles, Miles Davis, Anouar Brahem, Glass Candy, Claude Debussy, Erik Satie, Roy Orbison, Pearl Jam, Mark Lanegan, Cat Power, David Bowie, T. Rex, Nina Simone, Jimi Hendrix, The Cure, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Pink Floyd, The Arcade Fire, Blonde Redhead, The Knife, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Brian Eno, The Magnetic Fields, Soda Stereo, Aphex Twin, Beirut, Koop, Four Tet, Joy Division, Tame Impala, Sébastien Tellier, Bohren & der Club of Gore, etc, etc, etc…
- Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Thai, Vietnamese)
- Mediterranean (French, Greek, Italian, Lebanese, Moroccan, Spanish)
- Internet and a device to use it.
- Music, even better if it's live.
- UGC Illimité Cinema Card. (Literally the best thing ever, I wish there was a similar thing for museums and theater)
- Challenging ideas and engaging conversations.
- Humor and friends.
- Great food and drinks.
- The massive changes we'll experience in the years to come.
- How to liberate humans from ignorance and fear.
- How to disrupt this or disrupt that.
- The development of a story I happen to be writing.
- Whether I want to be a professional photographer or just keep it as a hobby.
- Where to go eat/drink something.
I don't know. Every night is a bit like a friday night for me. I make plans and then break them at the last second. I follow my impulses and allow myself to be guided by randomness. There might be cinema, opera, theater, drinks, food, friends, music, dancing, etc… Or sometimes I just stay home... Variety is the spice of life.
Wish I didn't need to sleep so I could read more, write more and party more. Another thing, which might be snobbish of me, I sort of lose respect for people that don't care about grammar or spelling. It's not about striving for perfection but about paying attention to the little details that make life special. Having said that, I'm a proponent of radical orthographic reform to have a universal phonetic notation system.
I also have a Fetlife account 🙈🙉🙊
- You'd like to meet for some coffee, tea, wine, etc.
- You'd like to go listen some live music.
- You've got interesting ideas and stories to share.
- You're passionate about art or cinema or literature or music or food or technology.
- You'd like to recommend a special place, band, book, movie, website or app.
- You'd like to do some language exchange. (I want to learn the tongues of Pushkin, Goethe and Plato.)
- You'd like to cook something strange. (Think Ayurveda meets Japan meets the Mediterranean.)
- You're looking for someone to collaborate on a music, film or startup project.
- You're interested in building a world of self sovereign individuals able to move and think with freedom.
- You're looking forward to experiment, to push beyond the boundaries and preconceived notions of society.
- You're interested in getting tied up by a romantic pervert.
- Any of the above.
- All of the above.
THOU SHALT NOT MESSAGE ME IF
- You’re one of those pessimistic frenchies (you probably know if you are one) that hate their lives but don’t do anything about it because they’re scared of change and the future.
- You’re a fervent follower of religion or any other system in which you basically stop reasoning by yourself and decide that you prefer to be ignorant and do what you’re told.
- You're a nationalist/racist or have any similarly ignorance-based ideologies that look for differences instead of similarities and strive to segregate instead of connect. Newsflash: You're living in the wrong era.
- You're a climate change denier.
- You’re looking for someone to “complete” you and give meaning to your life.