Other than that I like movies, playing video games, hanging out with friends, and working (although lately this has been more out of a love of money and not the actual job). I am always willing to recruit new Decepticons, so shoot me a line if you're interested.
More fun facts (about me I suppose):
* I am African-American, just like the president!
* I'm a lefty, some people believe this makes you an extra special person - I think it just means you get more ink on the side of your hand when handwriting a letter. Damnit!
* I am a conforming non-conformist.
* I take things like coloring in coloring books very seriously.
* Keeping alcohol in the house at all times is becoming a necessity.
* I think I stand firmly on the dividing line between what some would deem "cool" and "nerdy"
* Oceans sorta-kinda frighten me.
* So do certain elements of technology
* I've never smoked anything ever in my life, DARE kept this kid off drugs!
* I'm a middle child, so I operate with a stunning amount of independence sometimes.
* I miss school, but have no idea when I'd ever go back and finish up.
* Water is readily becoming my favorite non-alcoholic drink of choice.
* I am more afraid of growing old than dying.
* Throughout the day I see people, places or interesting views and angles that I think would make wonderful photographs or paintings...but alas, photography or painting are not one of my hobbies.
* I want to start taking Russian and Japanese again
* I don't own any fancy cell phone or mp3 player - so not into that kinda thing
* My attempts at honesty sometimes backfire, yet I persist with telling the truth no matter what
* I can do a wicked British accent, just ask lilsurferbabe -- cheerio!
* As a black woman I fail at taking proper care of my hair
* I dislike any address beginning in 1235...I'm a stickler for sequence like that
* I am a great listener AND talker
* People tend to think I am politically minded, but I'm not
* I LOVE watching just about any movie - except horror stuff!
* Romance to me is more than candy and flowers and special dinners on birthdays - it's a constant, really
* I will open a window in the dead of winter and enjoy the cold, cold breeze
* I prefer to reheat my pizza in an oven, not a microwave.
*I'm adding Korean to my list of "damn, I wish I spoke (blank) fluently. I need to take a class on it!"
****More to come as I think of it!****
Soooooooooo, as for other stuff, well it's other stuff - can't really describe it much unless you ask about it. So don't be shy - cause it's not cute. Well, sometimes....maybe....
Ochen priyatna prozna komesia! Menya zovuyt Yana. Kak vac zovuyt? (This was a total phonetic attempt at Russian!)
I am pensive, hilarious, and attentive
In non-economical realms, I fancy myself a pretty good writer, and am bouncing several ideas around in my head and occasionally getting them down on paper. If I do a quick count - I've got 1 graphic novel, 1 novel, and like 2 film ideas I try to work on when I can/am motivated.
Other than that, I am trying my best to learn - and not in an academic way, but just in a observant and objective view on life kinda way. This is less complicated and grandstanding than it sounds.
I'm also pretty good at making people laugh.
Oh, and listening. I am very patient and find other people's stories and mannerisms fascinating. Talk my ear off - it won't hurt, I promise!
And when I try I can cook a bit too.
I've also been told I have a very pretty smile and nice lips.
I read Tipping the Velvet a while ago, and decided to follow it up with Fingersmith -- both were good, but for story I prefer Fingersmith, and for "writing style" and pace I liked Velvet more.
Really recently I read the classic "Valley of the Dolls" - I read it for 2 reasons: I love the movie Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, and even though in "theory" both have nothing to do with the other, I still like their parallels. The second reason is because I randomly saw a movie about the author and it made me curious about the book considering the time it was published and of course that the author is a woman. Oh wait, there are 3 reasons - I read the wiki entry on it and was blown away at how overly dramatic is all seemed. The book did not disappoint on that at all!
At one point in time I was working on the mega-monster "Twilight" series which I must say can burn in hell. Really, this is what young girls and their gay best friends are all shitting a brick over???? PUH-LEAZE!!!!
I also like,
-- "Invisible Monsters"
-- "Drinking Coffee Elsewhere"
--"Name All the Animals"
--...and a bunch of other books I've read in my life but can't remember the titles to!
Movies: Sooooooooooooo many, a few are: THE MUTHAFUCKIN COLOR PURPLE, Bound, Showgirls (yeah, I said it), The Transformers (animated and the 2007 release), The Wiz, I am Sam, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (best musical ever!), Solarbabies, Gia, Nell, Clue (so quotable), Aimee & Jaguar, Goodfellas, Do The Right Thing, Summer of Sam, Girl 6, Cry Baby, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, The Goonies, Raising Arizona, The Sound of Music, Kissing Jessica Stein, anything Care Bears related, Return to Oz, Big Business, Noises Off, The Crucible, When Night is Falling, Teen Witch, The Breakfast Club, Teen Wolf Too (yeah, I said it again), The Adventures of Pee-Wee Herman, Edward Scissorhands, The Happening, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, American Psycho, The Dark Knight, Raise the Red Lantern, Adventures in Babysitting, Trading Places, Doctor Detroit (no one knows that one, but seek it out!), War of the Roses, Pulp Fiction, But I'm a Cheerleader, X-men movies (yea, all of them), Sin City, 300, Go Fish (it's so bad it's good), Back to the Future 1 & 2, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (with subtitles), School Daze, Victor/Victoria, TransAmerica, Throw Mama From the Train, The Crying Game, Brokeback Mountain, Philadelphia, Tipping the Velvet, Sister My Sister, The Ten Commandments, Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp, Rules of Attraction, School Ties, This Boy's Life, Boogie Nights, Beetlejuice, Harlem Nights, Lean on Me, New Jack City, Purple Rain, Under the Cherry Moon, Short Circuit 1&2, Welcome to the Dollhouse, L.I.E, Storytelling, League of Their Own, Once Were Warriors, Yours, Mine and Ours (1968), The Fox, Million Dollar Mystery, Lilies, What's Love Got to do With It?, Boys Don't Cry, United 93, Blow, Traffic, Circle of Friends, Heavenly Creatures (the ending is so awesome!), Just One of the Guys, The Witches of Eastwick, National Lampoon's European Vacation, Little Shop of Horrors (the musical), Dumbo, Robin Hood (the Disney classic cartoon), Dreamgirls, Stand By Me, Malcolm X, Party Monster, The Incredibly True Adventure of 2 Girls in Love, Spaceballs, Carrie, Monster's Ball, Amour de Femme, Dog Day Afternoon, Six Degrees of Separation Grizzly Man (so tragically hilarious), Memento, Parenthood, The Parent Trap (1961), Funny Girl, etc, etc, etc....(I could sit here for DAYS listing this)
Music: Right now my "obsession" with music is Super Junior, SHINee, (f)x, SNSD and other Kpop groups. And not so long ago I was heavy into Florence + the Machine, M.I.A., La Roux, and Black Kids. I also dig Panic! At the Disco, Hiromi, AFI Rammstein and Blacq Audio. Other stuff I like -- Orgy, Janis Joplin, Prince, Sade, The Sounds, , Kittie, Veruca Salt, The Cranberries, t.A.T.u., Elastica,The Organ, Busta Rhymes, Eminem, a lil bit of Jay-Z, Old School R&B and Soul (50s - 80s), Missy Elliott, Jill Scott, Robin Thicke, Adele, bits of jazz - but mostly jazz singers like Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, etc. Also like all different kinds of pop, rock, dance/techno, rap and hip-hop, indie, country and lesser known artists, and metal. See? I'm just as eclectic as YOU!!!!
- Family...consisting of blood relatives and friends I deem close enough to be fam
- A sense of independence...I'm quite unhappy when I feel as though I am depending on others
- Affection...everyone needs it in some form or fashion
- Ibuprofen...I get bad headaches sometimes
- Eyecandy...easy enough
- Money...how else could I eat, sleep and dress?
After all that heavy junk, I tend to think about sex a lot. Yeah, just a teenage boy trapped in this body.
But I'd much rather be spending these nights with you!!! (See, I'm flattering you already)
...do you ever notice how some people DON'T admit anything in this section??? What's with that -- the box clearly says WILLING TO ADMIT. Come on people, you can think of something!
In these 30 years I've been alive I've come to a point where I'm pretty set in who I am and what I want out of life. It's nice when others are on the same page or at least have skimmed it, read the Cliffs Notes and *think* they're ready for the final exam.
And it'd be awesome if you liked meat. Seriously, burgers and steaks are the best. Plus, cows are evil beasts...