I'm goofy, I make corny jokes, I love puns, I'm rarely embarrassed, I'll go out of my way for a lot, I'm open (like a book, but with poorly drawn pictures), and you instantly become on my A list if you laugh at my silly jokes.
I love traveling, I'm a huge music geek and a total nerd apart from that. Happy Hours are awesome, and going out on weekend nights is pretty fantabulous too. I love casually seeing the city on the weekends (especially after a great nights sleep) - Museums, events, movies, restaurants - just too much to do and too few hours in the day.
You'll always find me trying new things, its great, and its led me to some pretty cool places. Food wise, i'll try anything once, and love most (read: all) cuisines.
- Working in public policy, and pretending I influence Congress
- Getting my Masters so I can stop pretending the above and make more influential waves
- Writing short stories, deleting them, and re-writing them again
- That time I learned Call Me Maybe on the piano (ok, so re-learning to play the piano)
- Social sports, namely kickball as many seasons a year as possible. Well, more like prancing around the field until the game is over so I can go to the bar and kick ass at flip cup. (hint: I stink at flip cup)
- Catching up on all the TV, movies, and video games I missed over the last few years. Did you know that there is a Mean Girls 2? Did you know that I just watched it? Did you know that it is terrible...
My “I will love you forever if you know any of these artists” list of favorite artists:
Pat Metheny, Brad Mehldau, Hiromi, Gretchen Parlato, Taylor Eigsti, The Bad Plus, Return to Forever, STS9, Umphrey's, Aphex Twin, Flashbulb, etc.. (I love jazz and electronica, even hosted a jazz radio show for 4 years at college)
My “I think you are a really cool person” list of favorite artists:
Foo Fighters, Genesis, Gorillaz, The Police, The Shins, Spin Doctors, Sublime, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Duran Duran, Weezer, Boston, Daft Punk, Fastball, Active Child, Burial, The Black Keys, Cut Copy, AWOLNATION, Young the Giant, The Shins, Purity Ring...
My “These artists are terrible but shh don’t tell anyone I actually love them hey lets secretly listen to them together” list of favorite artists:
Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Pitbull, Flo Rida, Jay Z, Britney Spears, Ke-doller sign-ha, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj
Books I've read recently: Silent Bob Speaks, The Hunger Games, Push, Eating Animals, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Short History of Nearly Everything, The Time Machine, Surpassing Shanghai
Favorite Books: Anything Kurt Vonnegut (Slaughterhouse 5, Cat's Cradle, God bless You Doctor Kevorkian, etc), The Great Gatsby, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Harry Potter, Ender's Game series,Sci-Fi books in general, policy and history books , anything by Thomas Friedman
TV Shows:Arrested Development is my all time favorite show. I never get sick of re-watching any of it, or quoting it, or getting just too excited when I hear news about its upcoming revival.
Other favorite shows: The Simpsons, Breaking Bad, Seinfeld, Doctor Who, Battlestar, HIMYM, Modern Family, Glee (yep), South Park, Futurama, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Office, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, The League, Family Guy, American Dad, The Guild
Movies: Anything Mel Brooks, Anything Stanley Kubrick, Star Wars (the holy trilogy, not the new ones), Fight Club, Back to the Future, Office Space, King's Speech, The Dark Knight, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Forrest Gump, Groundhog Day, Black Swan, Waltz for Bashir, Serenity, Pulp Fiction, Inception, most anything Pixar (especially Wall-E). I have a very mixed taste in movies
I'm sure my friends always get fed up with me suggesting we watch comedy movies, but hey, whats better than a comedy? The geek in me loves all sci-fi and action movies. Awesome and full of action? Check. Campy and cheesy? You betcha!
- Music, good music, great music, and at times, awesome music
- Le internet and all its socially goodness
- Grapes and wine (Together forever and never to part, together forever we two)
- My sense of adventure and wishful thinking
- My cellular bananular phone
That, or catching up on sleep, passing out with Netflix still blasting out of my TV. Some Fridays you deserve a little R&R, and a replaying of your favorite video game...
You enjoy politics/the political scene here in DC - but you also don't let it become the only thin about you.
You love adventures, and love traveling (bonus points if you've had to add extra pages to your passport - wherever you go just take me with you!)
You have a special place in your heart for happy hours