I'm a Twin Cities native, teacher, and lover of fun people, good musical theater, and road trips!
Of course, there is a lot more to talk about than that, but if we share any of the above characteristics, that's a good start!
By the way, don't read too much into all of the 13's in my profile - I was born on a Friday the 13th, and have adopted the number as my lucky number (aka, if you are highly superstitious, feel free to move on to the next girl ;) )
That being said, my passions and skills definitely fall into the arts/education/volunteering spectrum.
As far as movies go, I'm mostly into suspense, drama, and mystery, although I can enjoy just about any kind of movie with the right people!
I have to admit that I like SOME reality tv shows- The Amazing Race, Survivor, The Mole (anyone remember that fantastic TV show with Anderson Cooper?). I also enjoy law, crime, and medical dramas, and have also been an avid fan of Fringe since the very beginning (although Sci-fi is normally not my genre) I'm also currently very addicted to "How I Met Your Mother", "Sherlock" and "House of Cards" on Netflix,.
Unfortunately, I don't do as much reading as I'd like, but really enjoyed "The Help", "Hunger Games" trilogy, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and "Water for Elephants".
The book "The Ragamuffin Gospel" is a book that I love reading and rereading! Such good stuff!
1. Hugs - seriously, I love hugs! Especially from people I haven't seen in a long time.
2. The Internet - I LOVE learning new things, and therefore the internet is the perfect place for me to get the answers I'm looking for.
3. My Water Bottle... no, seriously. Water is definitely my beverage of choice.
4. Music - period.
5. A Car - Have I mentioned how much I love to travel?
6. Letters - there is something so special about getting hand-written letters, either in person or via snailmail.
Bonus points if you are confident enough to sing (talent doesn't matter - confidence is everything!), like to laugh until your gut hurts, and don't mind occasionally making a fool out of yourself in the name of a good time.
I'm also on a quest to lose weight, gain health, and get out of my comfort zone, so if that is also one of your missions, I'd love to have a partner for the journey!