I'm an independent thinker and an atheist who enjoys the challenge of a civil debate (philosophical, political, or religious) but doesn't force them on others. I also greatly enjoy games (card, board, pencil & paper roleplaying, and the occasional video/computer games).
To best understand how I think go to Wikipedia and start reading an article on a subject you have some passing interest in. Read the first paragraph and skim the rest for interesting bits. If some little blue text stands out open it in another tab. Repeat in all new tabs until you realize that clocks still exist and you have forgotten the joys of food. Now go back and close tabs you've already read or don't seem that interesting after all. Leave the rest of the tabs open for tomorrow to give yourself a head start on learning about cool and obscure stuff.
I am intellectual, inquisitive, and offbeat
• Viddies; Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, Sicko, Brazil, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV series), The City of Lost Children, A Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Firefly (TV series), Heathers, Mystery Men, Orgazmo, The Princess Bride, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Save the Green Planet!, Shaun of the Dead, Six-String Samurai, Twelve Monkeys, V for Vendetta
• Tunage; April March, Aqua, Bjӧrk, Butthole Surfers, Chumbawamba, Ed's Redeeming Qualities, Eels, Gnarls Barkley, Goldfrapp, Gorillaz, Jill Sobule, King Missile, Leonard Cohen, Me First And The Gimme Gimmes, Oingo Boingo, Pink Floyd, Primus, Red Elvises, Residents, Reverend Horton Heat, Smiths, Sparks, Tally Hall, They Might Be Giants, Tom Waits, Ween, Yello, and much, much more.
FudStoof; Amongst my friend's I'm considered a saucivore but I love food from all four... five main food groups; American, Chinese, Italian, Mexican and now including Indian. I'm a picky but adventurous eater who can always find something tastey on restaurant menus (yes, even if it's from one of the other food groups. I soon hope to expand my knowledge of Russian and East African cuisine). Oh, and I try to eat organic and vaguely healthy when it can be helped.
• A personal vehicular transport module (for freedom of location)
• Music (the beauty and noise required to distract me from stress)
• Tastey Foodstuffs and refreshments (it's generally considered a good idea to eat stuff and drink things)
• An environment with appropriate elements and a comfortable Lambda (as defined by Christopher Langton) you know not too ordered, not too chaotic and with enough air to breathe
• People, you know friends, family, and supporting communities (well humans are a social species and I am one them)
• Politics; National, International, Dancing
• Philosophy; Life, The Universe, Everything
• Mathematics; There are number systems named after me (according to my friends)
• History; It's fun if you ignore the dates
• Art; Your art, my art, somebody else's art
Since joining OKCupid I've been thinking about and writing tests. I have created two very different tests so far, both to great reviews;
• My first test, The Nonrepresentational Aesthetics Test, uses some of my art to classify your personal aesthetic preferences with respect to shade (light vs. dark), hue (warm vs. cool), and structure (chaotic vs. structured).
• My new test, The Lifestyles of Silly Persons Test, is a very silly personality test that will assign you a job, tool, and sidekick. And it has cute little pictures at the end.
Also, if you took my test, the Nonrepresentational Aesthetics Test, and really liked it you should let me know. If you haven't taken it you should do so. It's a quick, easy preference test with minimal reading and plenty of results categories.
Excuse me I just realized that clocks exist and I've forgotten the joys of food.