I’ve walked across hot coals, I’ve kayaked the strait of Juan de Fuqua, Been to 48 of 50 (missing the Dakotas), along with several other countries (not enough...) I’ve been in the boardroom, I’ve owned business’, I’ve done manual labor, I’ve been onstage, I’ve been backstage, I’ve been on TV, I’ve sat on the couch and watched TV…
Top nine reasons we will probably never meet
1. I’m busy, my job helps make the world a better place (in a tiny little way) I’m also a (1/2 time) single parent to a wonderful teen, and you’re busy too. I have time for a special someone, maybe its you!
2. You are not interested in a happy, well-adjusted, educated, employed guy who treats women (people in general) well and likes puppies.
3. Your idea of “going out” involves McDonald’s…ever. I’m not really anti fast food (oh, a little) I even eat the stuff occasionally, just would rather go out to someplace more interesting, or go for a walk, picnic, zoo, concert, etc.
4. You smoke; abuse recreational drugs, including alcohol, eat nothing but junk; don’t take care of your mind and your body, are a religious fanatic, or are otherwise dogmatic & doctrinaire about things.
5. You don’t enjoy the company of a man who will cook you a great dinner, or take you out someplace new, or order a pizza, hey, pizza delivery, a bottle of wine, a fire – it can make for a fine evening.
6. You are unwilling to indulge my interests; I like my world to include music, laughter, family, friends, art, good food, sports, etc. I like trying new things and exploring new places, I’m somewhere in the middle of the “adrenaline junkie” to “couch potato” scale, but sometimes I need some down time to recharge, I don’t need you to be in sync with me on everything, I need you to be willing to work with me to make our lives “work” together – honesty, communication and compromise are the things that I think are key components in a relationship. What about you?
7. You think we have no “chemistry” which is fine by me, but if you have no understanding of the interaction of the major histocompatibility complex (DNA) and hormones, well, you don’t know chemistry at all – the same guy will cause you to react differently at different times, look it up, you like who you like, but is that the best way to pick someone?
8. Related to #7, you decide to keep doing what you’ve been doing; because that’s been working so well that we’re both here. Yeah, I’m an expert too!
9. You don’t take a chance and email me.
Look, the fact of the matter is that I’ve enjoyed the company of some fantastic women in my life, I don’t “settle” , you shouldn’t either, I'm fantastic! (well, some think so). I enjoy meeting new people and if you are attractive, intelligent, reasonably fit, passionate, and have more than a passing interest in the world around you, I would probably enjoy meeting you. If you, like me, are confident, honest, optimistic, and passionate with goals, hopes and dreams – don’t waste time – email NOW!
I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine kissing someone who smokes, it's my hangup, and I own it, it's really the only non-negotiable as far as I'm concerned...
I guess because I'm here it's safe to say I'm looking for someone to share it with.
I have wide-ranging tastes, Robin Hood (1938 version), Casablanca, Say Anything and Blazing Saddles are some of my favorite movies.
I tend to read nonfiction and a list of those might make me sound more pretentious and serious than I am.
I'm a little bit of a "foodie", love it a bit spicy, and street food is fabulous! Thai, Indian, Italian, etc. bring it on!
"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."
True first date story…“Every man in our age group needs Viagra.” Those were the first words she said to me, not “hello”, not “nice to meet you” – she went on about it in much greater detail , telling me about her lovers over the last few years, telling me about how men have mistreated her. I barely got in a word edgewise, she continued her rant, letting me know that “every man I meet online lies about his height” and “everything else”, part of me wanted to point out that not only did I come as advertised, but another part of me wanted to say that, at least thus far, she was not “fun and funny” and while I have no idea when her photos were taken, she was a good bit heavier than when they were, so she was hardly the poster child for honesty in online dating.
So, here’s the thing – we all have our baggage, but bitter soliloquies upon first meeting may not be the best first impression, interestingly, the same conversation with a lighter touch could be amusing…and that’s the thing about online dating, you just never know. Please be who you say you are and don’t be bitter about your baggage, I’ll bring the same to the table and we’ll be good.
I really don't consider many things private. If you ask, you'll probably get an answer.