For most of my life, I’ve identified as an introvert, but I feel as if I am becoming more and more of an extrovert…so that’s an interesting transition lol. I’ve also managed to be more of a homebody than an outdoorsy person. However, I realize that I’m in one of the best areas to get outdoors, it would be silly to waste this opportunity. So, show me your favorite outdoor spots! But if you, too, are a homebody, do believe that I’ve got high appreciation for that haha =P I’ve also been described as a fairly intense, passionate, and inspiring individual. But don’t let me toot my own horn too much haha. I’m also a pretty verbose person, as you can see by this profile……
Tied to the above, I’m also quite great at stimulating intellectual/deep conversations. I used to teach and working my students’ into a healthy discussion was such a joy….i really need to get back into teaching….
I’m also really good at cooking. I view the composition of flavors to be an art form; it’s actually my main creative outlet. I definitely need to work on my aesthetic/presentation, but I’ve got the taste down! Maybe you’ll have the pleasure of trying a dish!
Movies: Honestly, I’m not one for movies. I prefer tv shows, as I find them more engaging. Ask me about it if you’re curious haha. But to provide an answer, I did love Wristcutters: a love story, Garden State, and Red State.
Shows: This is forever changing. However, my usual go-tos are @midnight, you're the worst, chicago pd, Brooklyn 9-9, broad city, etc. I'm attempting to reduce my TV watching haha.
Music: the staple genres are ska, rocksteady, industrial, reggae, punk, chopped and screw rap, and metalcore. Beyond that, I’ve got interests in almost every genre except for country and classic rock. My taste is pretty eclectic. I can find appreciation in most music.
Food: I honestly can’t think of a cuisine that I’ve tried but haven’t liked. My favorites, however, are indian, thai, Cajun, and tacos……not Mexican food, but tacos. Dear god, I love tacos…..but fuck burritos…….
1) Music. It almost seems more essential than food for me. If I could constantly play music, I probably would. It all just means so much to me!
2) Cooking. Again, it’s my main creative outlet.
3) Honestly, finger nail clippers. I have a pair on me literally everywhere I go. It simply drives me insane if there is a piece of skin or nail sticking out. It’s just one of those things =P
4) Beer. Dark beer to be exact. Because I mean….it just taste so damn good!
5) A loaded barbell. Few things can relieve as much stress for me as lifting weights
6) Stimulating and deep conversation. My life would be empty without this. It’s so enriching and allows for us all to teach and learn simultaneously.
On a lighter note, i also spending a lot of time thinking about corgis. I want one so bad! I will happen VERY soon, damn it!
On a less intense note….. you should message me if you enjoy comedy shows and/or concerts, if you occasionally wear flowers in your hair (I’ll MELT!), if you frequently wear either red shoes or converse haha….. and most importantly, if you want to and think we’ll be a good match =) Don’t be shy, I suspect we’re here for the same reasons =P