I am looking for someone who fits in the life I'm already pretty happy with. To that end, I present some immutable facts about me.
1. Animals are very important to me. I will always have cats.
2. I'm probably smarter than you. That's not hyperbole, just statistics. I'm also a compulsive teacher.
3. I'm apparently much more optimistic and patient than most people. Sometimes this gets me in trouble but usually it's a good thing.
4. My very large extended family is part of this package. I don't have kids and don't want them but I have literally hundreds of cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.
5. I am weird and I prefer to surround myself with weird people. Do you: break out in random song, see humor in placing a gnome in your bathroom that stares at people when they pee, or cosplay? We might just get along. Everything can be funny. I laugh all the time.
6. I'm about as liberal as they come. I like to talk politics.
7. I do not care for sports, hunting, guns, cars or the military. If any of those are important to you, please move along.
I'm a teacher.Currently subbing, I'll be starting school to get my certificate next month. I have plans to build a Tiny House. I want to move to England to teach.
In my free time I make things. Usually things you can eat or wear.
I'm good at finding the humor in most things.
Authors/Poets/Books: Terry Pratchett is my favorite author and I was thrilled to have the honor of meeting him last summer. Douglas Adams is also at the top of my list. Anne Rice (before she got all religious). Neil Gaiman. Saul Williams and Robert Frost. The Color Purple, Walden Two, House of Leaves, Tuck Everlasting, The Boxcar Children, The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pitman, The Year of Living Biblically. I like short stories, especially ghost and horror stories. It's rare that I read a book I really don't like. A few of the stand outs: Redwall, Steinbeck (The Grapes of Wrath wasn't bad but The Pearl was awful), Lonesome Dove (It was great until I discovered it had no ending), Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison.
Movies: The Goonies, What Dreams May Come, Hotel Rwanda, The Life of David Gale, The Game, Neverwhere, Silent Hill
Music: Bush, Nirvana, Presidents of the USA, Barenaked Ladies, Maroon 5, Billy Holiday, Janis Joplin, The Beatles, John Mayer, The Tossers, Green Day, old Metallica, Regina Spektor, Alanis Morissette, Michael Buble, Weird Al, Twin Atlantic, Fallout Boy, Tom Waits, Gregorian Monk Chants, Credence Clearwater Revival, Ella Fitzgerald, Garth Brooks, Third Eye Blind, Candlebox, Matchbox 20
Food: Carbs. Pasta, potatoes, bread, chocolate. I also really like sushi, coffee, good wine, Guiness and vegetables (pretty much all of them).
2. Books. I love the smell of libraries.
3. Pets (preferably cats)
4. Laughter. Everything can be funny. Nothing is sacred.
5. Science. There is order to the universe and if you test it properly you can discover it.
6. Chocolate. I'm a girl.
What makes people tick.
What else I can train a dog to do.
How to make things.
A note to the guys: Want to make your profile better?
1) Post close up pictures of your face WITHOUT hats or sunglasses and not taken in a bathroom.
2) Fix ALL the typos. Use complete sentences with proper grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation.
3) DON'T use the following terms: laid back, easy going, "females" (Ugh! We're not cattle!), lonely (you'll seem desperate), I hate online dating/making a profile (why are you here then?)
4) Write about what makes you unique. What are your goals? What do you value? Show off that sense of humor.