- I'm originally from New Jersey. I'm a sensible driver.
- I volunteer for a suicide hotline. I have a minor freak-out if I get two e-mails in the same minute at work.
- I lived in DC for four years after college. I didn't work for the government.
- I listen to a ton of indie rock. Also a lot of country and jazz.
- I'm dearly loyal to my sports teams. They've never won anything.
- I've never used Snapchat. I am 28 years old. How does that happen?
- I'm enjoying being single. But for the right person I'd be thrilled to be in a relationship.
- Traveling: Last year I went solo to Singapore, Thailand and Australia. It was my own personal "On the Road", without all the drugs and debauchery.
- Running: I recently ran two marathons in three weeks just to prove that I could. Now that I have my weekends back, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with myself. Sleep? Post pictures of my dog on Instagram? Pity shop?
- Dancing myself clean. Which is a really good song but also doubles as a pretty solid way of life, don't you think?
Music: The Gaslight Anthem, Beach Slang, anything Andrew McMahon makes, Matt & Kim, Courtney Barnett, anything anthemic, and something new every day.
Food: Most things, but I recently spotted a highly-Yelp-reviewed Chicago-style pizzeria in NYC, someone needs to tell me if this is a capital offense or just really intrepid.
Shows: Anything at all about how comical dating is in 2016. Also John Oliver, Broad City, The Americans, House of Cards, Master of None, Bojack Horseman.
One of those Amazon devices that you can command to do anything except, apparently, helping you write your OkCupid profile.
Two good books.
Flight of the Conchords on DVD.
That running watch my old roommate's dog mistook for food but keeps ticking nonetheless. It has, you know, character.
Which theme-song-from-a-coming-of-age-TV-show is the best. I never watched Dawson's Creek, but that Paula Cole song, man...