First off, one of my favorite quotes:
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. --Abraham Lincoln
Thanks Abe. I couldn't have said it better myself.
So, in that spirit let me begin with this. Way back in kindergarten, I was voted, "The most likely to be on OK Cupid."
Damn, those little bed wetting guys n gals called it. They were like oracles. Who knows what else they knew? What they could have helped with?
So, here I am on OK Cupid and I have to say thanks for stopping by. (Let me clean off a spot on the virtual blanket and you can have a seat and relax.)
I am from the great state of Pennsylvania but I've been in New England long enough to fake the accent if needed.
I also spent some time abroad. I used to call it home and once said to my brother (when I was in PA,) "I'm going home tomorrow." He responded with, "Umm, home is HERE."
We stared blankly at each other for a moment. Like British comedy awkward staring.
So, I guess "home" is wherever your heart and your pillow are.
Other things to note:
1) I have good parents and brothers.
2) I try not to drink coffee much. However, one of my favorite things in the world is good black, strong coffee with a small sweet treat.
E) I love soccer. Playing or watching. I've been to several World Cups. I also scored with my high school soccer coach. (Thanks for the assist, coach.)
6) I used to be a beer snob. Now, I realize that all beer has a time and place. Pass the High Life.
2) I would love to live without air conditioners. However, it's really hot in my room. Like really hot. Plus, AC's make summer cuddling possible. I think 70 degrees is my jam.
J) I know lots n lots of people from bartending for a long time in the area. My friends call me the Mayor of Camberville. Don't forget to cast your vote in the next election. Vote early, vote often.
D) I love, "That's what she said."
9) I once was paralyzed from the neck down. (I'm not now and I'm not typing with my tongue or chin.)
3.a) I used to work with dolphins and seals. (I always cut plastic rings from six packs.)
37) I'm great at lists, especially enumerating them.
Apparently, I didn't have a true given name. I was called, "Son." It was like Deliverance in an urban setting.
The tall, wiry foreman had this tan, leathery skin with piercing blue eyes. I called him, "Leatherface" (behind his back obviously.) He was the scariest man I have ever come into contact with.
Worst summer job of all time. I should have been a lifeguard, a waiter, a camp counselor, etc. Instead, I made foam and inhaled noxious chemicals. COUGH
Currently, I "save" lives (or prolong them as best as I - or modern medicine can) on an ambulance.
There are good days and bad days on the truck. Just like any job really.
I also spent some time in restaurants slinging drinks. Currently, I'm doing a couple of nights at a great place.
I just don't want to be one of those burned out people who hates their job. I've worked jobs where you work. I want to enjoy what I do. I like my life (aka living.) I want to enjoy it.
6) Making myself laugh - which usually includes making others laugh as well
7) Being a good traveler (smiling and engaging people - especially strangers. Treat people like people and they respond well.)
5) Staying positive
3) Speaking Japanese (but absolutely murdering Spanish)
0) Cardiac arrests and trauma
9) Enumerating lists
Love that guy.
Anyway, my eyes and humor stand out the most. (And I like me.)
Beyond that, I'm warm and welcoming. I want people to feel comfortable and cared for. Maybe that's why I've chosen the jobs I have: teacher, bartender, EMT, coach, etc.
So, in summary, nice eyes and a big heart?
Sounds good if you ask me.
Movies: Amadeus, Baraka, Hot Tub Time Machine, The Muppets Movie, Amelie, Manhattan, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Rear Window, Lord of the Rings (embarrassing but true,) and many others
TV: Band of Brothers, Portlandia, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report
Music: Radiohead, Rush, Jack White, Johnny Cash, Thievery Corporation, Classical, Jazz, Blues, etc. Pretty much everything.
Food: anything seriously delicious
Stuff white people like. And people of other races, creeds, and sexual orientation too.
2) Soccer - when I'm playing it well
3) Cameras - when I'm using them well
4) Outdoor activities - when I'm.... I uh, I got nothing here
5) My best lil buddy (my Mini) - I LOVE this guy.
6) Tears-rolling-down-your-face, belly-aching, no-breath laughter
Oh it's MY job?
Heaving breath, blotchy-faced, with 2 boxes of tissues in case the first one runs out.
I'm not too bad at it. I know the whole I before E except after C. And then... there are exceptions...
Sheesh... It's all so Wierd... Crap, I mean weird. Whatever.
Someday ask me about the word, "Princess."
Also, I should listen to NPR more.
Let's face it: we all like to feel special, loved, and cared for. It's what separates us from other animals. Yeah, that and the opposable thumbs and the knowledge of our own death. I'd like to meet a nice lady. I'm a fine lad myself.
Things I like: funny, passionate, active, athletic, smart, witty, talented, geeky or nerdy (that translates to passion,) kind, giving, has a mountain bike, drinks whiskey, likes art, loves dogs, can get muddy, drives stick, morbidly obese, and bed bound.
There are two on that list I was on the fence about...
Let's chat. Let's meet up. See how it goes.
Thanks for reading. I apologize. I got a smidge verbose. If you stuck with the whole thing, you should get an ice cream cone with your favorite flavor.