-- i hate peas, but i love pea soup; i love carrots, but i hate carrot soup.
-- i think things that aren't true are generally more interesting than things that are.
-- i like old books, big words, slow food, bad dogs, ironic smirks, coffee by chemex, and craft beer.
-- i wish people would stop saying "humble brag," and i believe tim allen and chris berman should be ashamed of themselves.
2. morning coffee
3. shaking hands. as a rule, i go single pump. firm and masculine, but not confrontational
4. talking like dr. phil and singing like aaron neville
5. walking AND chewing gum
6. picking out good watermelons and peaches
7. my table manners are impeccable, and i can bait a hook
8. not to brag, but i'm pretty humble (see above)
9. humor as a defense mechanism and defense as a humor mechanism
movies: the only film i saw, i didn't like it at all
shows: seinfeld, arrested, it's always sunny, extras, the simpsons (seasons 4-8), louie, comedians in cars drinking coffee, SEC football, etc...
music (at the moment): rhye, allah-las, seapony, radio dept, purity ring, real estate, chromatics, velvet underground, french kicks, dilla, obscure 90s hip-hop.
food: i'll just say i love to cook and eat, and for whatever reason it's important to me that you do, too.
2. my chef's knife
3. my dutch oven
4, 5, and 6. my quill, bottle of ink, and barrister's wig