I love being outdoors, especially when the weather is nice. Hiking, spending time at the lake or the beach, camping, visiting nature preserves, all some of my favorite activities. Enjoy a day outdoors and then end the day with a campfire, good music, and good company? That's a great day. I recently spent a weekend camping in Maine, White Water Rafting and Skydiving - AMAZING!
Some other things that are important to me, in no particular order, are:
- Laughing (I've got a vein of New England sarcasm running through me, thick skin, and no hesitation to laugh at myself or an abrasive or politically incorrect joke. I love playing Cards Against Humanity)
- Live Music (mostly going to shows, but I'm a decent campfire guitar player as well)
- Dancing (mostly country swing and line dancing, but I'm starting to learn more - looking for dance partners)
- Giving Back (through random acts of kindness, volunteering and donating my photography services to local non-profits)
- Boston Sports (Not in the Jimmy Fallon in 'Fever Pitch' kind of way - but I love to root for my hometown teams. Hockey is my favorite sport - I have season tickets to BU (my Alma mater) Hockey)
I believe in being kind and open-minded - that doesn't mean I don't have my own opinions on things - it just means I'm not so egotistical that I think my opinion should dictate how anyone else lives their life. If you're closed-minded, bigoted, if you believe contraception or same sex-marriage should be illegal, then we probably won't get along.
Books: Dennis Lehane is my favorite Author by far. I'm also a fan of Atul Gawande, Memiors/Autobiographies.
Shows: The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Firefly.
Food: Food is delicious - particularly Thai & Sushi.
Outdoors, Nature, the Sun
Imagination & Creativity
Optimism & Kindness
- You're looking for something that could become long-term.