A country boy at heart, I'm comfortable with who I am and what I'm doing with my life. I am fiercely loyal and honest to a fault. As an introvert, I don't have a large circle of friends, but my friendships all run deep.
Looking for something meaningful and long term, but doesn't have to start that way. Anything else, you'll have to ask me. Or check out the questions I've answered. I try to explain all my answers.
If you are into it:
- MBTI = INFJ
- Enneagram = Type 8
They are both extremely accurate to who I am.
Formerly, I was a cancer researcher, dance instructor, and biology professor.
- Kung fu
- Movie: Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List, The Godfather
- Shows: Firefly, Game of Thrones
- Music: Josh Abbot, Randy Rogers, Zac Brown
- Food: Uhhh... all of it?
- Mutant power. Seriously. I'm an honest to goodness real life mutant. Like the X-Men, but without the colorful spandex, though I have been known to moonlight as a superhero in my spare time.
- Empathy. The empathetic life is one fully lived while the apathetic life is one not lived at all.
- Music. It has to power to soothe or to work up a fervor; to move the spirit and inspire greatness.
- Relationships. Pain and suffering are a part of the human condition, but they are not for us to bear alone. Joy and happiness only derive their power when shared among those closest to us.
- Simplicity. A simple life is an unencumbered life, opening the path to mindfulness and gratitude.
- Hope. Without hope, what is there to live for? Fear will keep you a prisoner. Hope can set you free.
- Jean Paul Sartre's "Hell is other people". There is already so much pain and suffering in this world, so why do people chose to add more to it? Social injustice, racial inequity, gender inequality; those sorts of things.
- Why meditation is not a part of our cultural norm? Mindfulness is the gateway to genuine happiness by making us more present, more alive, and more grateful.
- Out dancing.
- Trying out a new restaurant.
- Getting some rest and relaxation at home.
- You're a humanist, holding compassion and empathy as high values.
- You have a strong sense of morality and integrity.
- You want to go fishing, crabbing, clamming, and/or hunting for chanterelles and truffles.
- You're looking for someone to go out dancing with or practice/compete.
- You are game to try one of my culinary creations.
- You are drug free.
- You have so much sass that if you could cash it in, you'd be a billionaire.
- You want to because you think I'm interesting.