Moved to the UK 3 years ago, loving every minute of it. Coming to London is definitely one of the best decision I made in my life.
I love trying new things, new food, new activities, new places, new everything. I'm a constant tourist, in the curiosity sense of the word. I travel a lot, absolutely can't live without going to new places and seeing new cultures.
When not at work, I'm trying to do everything London has to offer. Tourist attractions, museums, musicals, plays, walks, talks, weird activities; you name it, I'm there! Fortunately, I'll never run out of new things to do. Definitely my favorite thing about London.
- Movies: Pulp Fiction, Back to the Future Trilogy, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, American Beauty, Rainman, Amadeus, Life of Brian. Oh, and everything Pixar ever made. Most of Dreamworks too.
- Books (I tend to read mostly non-fiction): The Blank Slate (and everything by Pinker), Predictably Irrational, Blink, Freakonomics and the like, Stumbling on Happiness and many, many others in that fascinating intersection between psychology, neuroscience and evolution.
- Books, fiction: The Little Prince, 1984, The Pillowman, The Curious Incident of the dog in the night time, Grapes of Wrath, Perfume (by Suskind), Siddharta, various by HP Lovecraft.
(Or if you really want to see my whole bookshelf....
- Comedy: I love standup, particularly the one that leaves behind a hard to swallow but powerful message. My little trinity of Gods... George Carlin, the father almighty, master wordsmith, creator of all that's comedy and all that's sane in the world. Louis CK, his only son our Lord, who hasn't yet ascended to heaven, but will be seated at his right hand when he does. And Tim Minchin, the Holy Australian, musical genius, atheist extraordinaire, and fastest ever achiever of god status.
- Shows: House (I've been likened to him by various friends), Breaking Bad, The Big Bang Theory. I don't really watch that much TV...
- Music: Too varied to list, but leaning in the general direction of Rock -> Hard Rock -> Very Heavy Metal. Surprising amounts of classical and opera too, which makes for some interesting surprises when listening to all my music in "Shuffle". Absolute Gods: Guns n' Roses, Queen, Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Anouk, Mozart.
- Food: Yes, please. All of it. From every place in the world. All the time. I still haven't found something I won't try. I double-dare you.
- Books, lots of 'em.
- Travelling to new places.
- Really, really good food.
- Music. Particularly live. Particularly the massive mega-festivals you throw in the UK.
- Pondering things way too much, particularly lists like this.
Braaaaaaains (In the sciency way, not the zombie way)
Also a slight case of OCD, as evidenced by the preposterous amount of OkCupid questions I've answered.