- I will grab your hand and give you a kiss while walking to dinner.
- I'm up for exchanging a few quality emails and then having a fun chat before meeting in person. I'm not looking for a pen pal.
- Will surprise you with homemade ginger cookies, brownies or pumpkin bread, but only if you deserve it. ;)
- Fan of Marvel movies, can't wait for Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2! Swooned over Suicide Squad.
- Planning is second nature to me (Trip Advisor is my friend) but I also crave spontaneous adventures. Not sure where to grab a bite to eat? That's when we decide to ask a local and take his suggestion, no matter what it is!
- Going off the social media grid when on vacation or visiting family is a must.
- Weekend fun includes chowing down at a bbq, a spontaneous drive to Santa Barbara or sipping an old fashioned while listening to sultry jazz or Rat Pack classics at Casa del Mar.
Mailing thank you cards. (But not out of the blue. That would be weird. "Hey yeah, so thanks for being alive!")
Waking up early and enjoying the entire day rather than rolling into bed just as the sun is rising.
Food: Anything with cheese. Bacon wrapped dates, fresh farm to table, a juicy hamburger with perfectly salted fries. Did I mention cheese?
Music: Frank Sinatra, Florence and The Machine, Imagine Dragons, Twenty One Pilots, Taylor Swift (Don't judge! Her tunes are catchy, dammit!), Flogging Molly. I also dig Bluegrass. I saw Steve Martin and his band perform at the Hollywood Bowl on the Fourth of July, one of the best concerts I can remember. I can do without anything that's auto tuned.
Shows: People of Earth, iZombie, Big Bang Theory, Elementary, Agents of Shield, Major Crimes
Movies: Fun action/adventure. And of course, Star Wars! Most recent movie to make me laugh out loud: What We Do in the Shadows. Thank you HBO!
iPod - Need upbeat workout music when I hit the gym! Plus when I can't find anything on the radio I tune into one of my saved Podcasts.
iMac - How else am I going to learn about Ireland's nooks and crannies?!
DVR - Best. Invention. Ever. I'm not a couch potato by any means but I like quite a few shows and of course being able to fast forward through commercials...need I say more? (Mind you this is sometimes the opposite when I watch the Superbowl) :)
A perfect medium rare steak (filet or rib eye) with a rich red cab - An indulgence every once in a while. Throw in a slice of key lime pie and I'm a happy girl.
My soft flannel sheets - Well, except for the rare times it gets hot here!
The demise of Blockbuster - for those of us who don't stream or do Netflix we're out of luck if we want to see an oldie but goodie! Redbox does not carry Galaxy Quest. :( Shame on Redbox.
I admire a man who is honest, kind, patient and has a willingness to communicate through the good times and bad. (I just realized this is equivalent of how a guy writes how he wants a woman who is low drama. Like what girl would want someone who lies, kicks puppies and babies, is impatient and has horrible communication skills?! Sorry for stating the obvious, my bad! Now back to our regular scheduled program.)
I love a man who is emotionally available, has time to date and wants an exclusive relationship. You consider yourself a gentleman at heart. Nothing is sexier than that to me.
Romantic gestures like pulling me in for another hug come naturally.
Your playful personality is the first thing I notice. You've been told that snarky is your middle name.
You are content with the children you have or if you don't have kids you are good with that as well (having kids is not in the cards for me).
You accept and even appreciate my quirks, one of which is playing pinochle which you are open to learning but I won't hold it against you if you hate it. ;) (Wait, is playing pinochle a quirk or just really weird? You be the judge.)
You try to teach me to cook with abandon and laugh when I insist on following a recipe.
You envy the 80 year old couple walking down the street holding hands and are ready to have that same closeness with someone.
So to you, the amazing man who has read to this point, please write me and bring your truest self and let me know what in my profile most captured your imagination. I so look forward to meeting you!