January 2017....I THINK ITS TIME TO START DATING!! PLEASE BE COMFORTBALE DATING A WOMAN WHO IS RAISING A 20 MONTH OLD SON ON HER OWN!!
I am a fun, caring, intelligent, spontaneous, thoughtful, generous, adventurous, and passionate high school Special Education teacher who is a big kid at heart. I enjoy life to its fullest and give back to those less fortunate by volunteering overseas during my school breaks. I am looking to find my life companion....a friend who enjoys exploring the world with me and Kymani, while we make each other laugh and smile a lot along the way. :-)
I'm looking for a partner in crime, someone to share life with. He is tall, athletic, thoughtful, adventurous, romantic, spontaneous, respectful, intelligent, silly, and a lover of animals and children. He appreciates quality time together, treats his mother well, likes to hike and camp, cares about mother Earth, and we can easily talk about day to day things as well as international politics and future goals. He is someone who will appreciate the tomboy in me by watching a Niners game together and enjoying sports cars with me on some of the many curvy Bay Area back roads. However, he also acknowledges my feminine side and realizes that I am an amazing mother and will be a wonderful wife someday. Most importantly, I enjoy hanging out with him because we have fun together no matter what we are doing. I'm looking to find my life companion, but I realize that means being good friends first.
- volunteering internationally in the summer. I've traveled to 6 of the 7 continents and volunteered on 4 of them (Mexico in 2001, India in 2005, Costa Rica in 2006, Kenya in 2007, Peru in 2009, Haiti in 2010, Mexico and Nicaragua in 2013 with some of my high school students).
- working on the house I bought in Alameda...being 3-4 blocks from the beach is great!!
- taking photographs whenever I can
- working hard, but playing harder
- spending tons of quality time with my son, Kymani, and my yellow lab, Kilda
- being adventurous & spontaneous, but also enjoying the simple things in life
Movies: Girl Rising, Lost Boys of Sudan, First Grader; Action (Denzel Washington, Liam Neeson, Harrison Ford, Angelina Jolie); Romantic Comedies
Music: mostly rap and hip hop, but I'll listen to anything
- spontaneity and adventure
- international travel (with some sort of volunteering aspect)
- a digital SLR camera to enjoy while hiking through the beautiful Bay Area and National Parks with my yellow lab, Kilda
- a fun sports car
- teaching and learning
- what I'm going to do with everything I've seen overseas (i.e. work for the UN, start a non-profit, teach with the Peace Corps, work for Red Cross doing disaster relief, etc.)
- fun, adventurous, and spontaneous activities to do on the weekend and during my vacations from work