• A nature lover. I like hiking and nature photography. I moved to Portland from N. CA about 4 years ago, and my favorite places so far are Mt Rainier, Astoria, and the Gorge (of course.) I've made a few longer trips out to national parks, including Glacier National Park and Yellowstone/Tetons.
• A creative thinker. I work at a Portland web design agency as a UX Designer. That's kind of a strategist position where you get all the fun of thinking about new projects and none of the actual work required to make them functional. I have to keep reminding myself I am *supposed* to make things up for my job.
• A funny person. I like to joke around and laugh a lot. I think being happy is one of the greatest gifts you can give someone. Happy within reason, of course! Not unreasonable happiness.
Here are some exceptional qualities I'm looking for in a man:
• Great sense of humor
• Very smart
• Plenty liberal
• Likes hiking and nature
• Willing to lead but not a control freak
• Lives a healthy lifestyle
If you are into primal diet that's a plus. I'm really not at all strict with the diet, but I do cook with primal in mind. I'm fine with someone who is avoiding grains, sugar, alcohol, processed food, etc.
A friend told me once that what she appreciates in me is that I like everything to be aesthetically pleasing - even tupperware. That is kind of true; I'm sensitive to beauty and ugliness.
Movies: Moon; Pride & Prejudice 2008; Life of Brian.
Old TV: Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Battlestar Galactica & House.
Current TV: Vikings, Your Pretty Face Is Going to HELL
Authors: Octavia Butler, Kage Backer, Ursula LeGuin
Novels: Engine Summer, Dune, Garden of Iden
Venn Diagram: Junction of men I'm interested in and men that are interested in me.
Pie Diagram: Pie eaten vs Pie uneaten
Psychology: Positive (Happiness Advantage)
Mental State: Flow
National Park: Mt Rainier
Local Walk: Tryon Creek
Game: Words With Friends
 The internetz
 Hot showers
 New Seasons
 The timer on the stove
The four things I could do without for the rest of my life...
[-1] the sound of a metal spoon scrapping against a ceramic bowl
[-2] people who honk at me because I've made them wait one extra second
[-3] This phrase in a profile "My kids have first dibs on my free time." Single fathers out there - you should be trying to convince me you DO have time for a romantic life, not telling me to get in line.
[-4] Poor relationship accountability.
(I have to come back with some more complaints later)
NOTE: I can't see who has "liked" me, so if you want me to know you've LIKE'd me you can subvert the system by sending a message that says "LIKE"