• A nature lover. I like hiking and nature photography. I moved to Portland from N. CA about 4 years ago, and my favorite places so far are Mt Rainier, Astoria, and the Gorge (of course.) I've made a few longer trips out to national parks, including Glacier National Park and Yellowstone/Tetons.
• A creative thinker. I work at a Portland web design agency as a UX Designer. That's kind of a strategist position where you get all the fun of thinking about new projects and none of the actual work required to make them functional. I have to keep reminding myself I am *supposed* to make things up for my job.
• A funny person. I like to joke around and laugh a lot. I think being happy is one of the greatest gifts you can give someone. Happy within reason, of course! Not unreasonable happiness.
Here are some exceptional qualities I'm looking for in a man:
• Great sense of humor
• Very smart
• Plenty liberal
• Likes hiking and nature
• Willing to lead but not a control freak
• Lives a healthy lifestyle
If you are into primal diet that's a plus. I'm really not at all strict with the diet, but it's the principal of the thing. I'm fine with someone who is avoiding grains, sugar, alcohol, processed food, etc.
A friend told me once that what she appreciates in me is that I like everything to be aesthetically pleasing - even tupperware. That is kind of true; I'm sensitive to beauty and ugliness.
Movies: Moon; Pride & Prejudice 2008; Life of Brian.
Old TV: Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Battlestar Galactica & House.
Current TV: Vikings
Authors: Octavia Butler, Kage Backer, Ursula LeGuin
Novels: Engine Summer, Dune, Garden of Iden
 The internetz
 Hot showers
 New Seasons
 The timer on the stove
Three things I could do without for the rest of my life...
[-1] the sound of a metal spoon scrapping against a ceramic bowl
[-2] people who honk at me because I've made them wait one extra second
[-3] This phrase in a profile "My kids have first dibs on my free time." Single fathers out there - you should be trying to convince me you DO have time for a romantic life, not telling me to get in line.
(I have to come back with some more complaints later)
Actually tonight I'm wondering if anyone out there is into ASMR.
NOTE: I can't see who has "liked" me, so if you want me to know you've LIKE'd me you can subvert the system by sending a message that says "LIKE"