Long story short (bullet-points to the rescue!)
- Born and raised in Belgium (Flanders (Aalst))) (The Flemish speaking part but sufficiently close (yet not too close) to Brussels for me to have escaped the latent racism which pervades so many of my fellow Phlegms)
- Studied languages. Dutch, French, German, Swedish, Latin, English and Greek. Not in that chronological order. My knowledge of them ranges from “native” to “where is the library?”. I understand a bit of Spanish and Italian and can confidently boss around a cabby in Nepal.
- I did a bit of political sciences but got distracted near the end.
- I am planning to end up in EU politics and/or EU lobbying.
So at the moment I'm fully occupied with getting used to the new job, the less new city and a new (or at least for me) apartment. Boring, I know, but that's keeping me rather occupied.
interrupting people (un)intentionally
meeting new people (very spontaneous me)
combining a (seemingly) huge ego with an (apparently) low self-esteem
procrastinating (I feel so unique)
listening (which a lot of people assume I can't because of my first "really good at")
I have some difficulty keeping track of topics & usually don't really attempt to. So most people will consider me to be a tad... scatterbrained.
no particular kind of movie: I like historical, science fiction, computer animated, cartoons, weird (not drugs-weird, more Delicatessen-, Cité des enfants perdus-weird), fight club.
All kinds of food. Not Celery. Not Oysters. (and rather not raw carrots).
At the moment I have a particular craving for good quiche and maybe a nice assortment of cheeses. One can hope.
I have been told by numerous people I have a despicable taste in music. This is probably caused by it being very diverse & my not really subscribing to the obsession so many people have with specific bands...
a social life.
- Acquaintances: and lots of them. New people are like drugs to me.
- Friends: or better, realizing I have them and who they are
my brain (both the painfully analytic as the strangely odd part)
random stuff (i'm great at connecting things in my head who don't seem all that connected in real life... which confuses others ...and me)
if you think you know something I should know or if you think you could teach me something.
if you like how some clouds look like dinosaurs (or like giants, lying down, leaning on their elbows, with a group of happy looking gnomes advancing who secretly want to attack the giant) (true story) while others just look like clouds.
if you like random humour.
if you want to comment on one of my match-questions.
if I sent you a message. if you decide (for whatever reason) not to reply, I'd appreciate you did regardless (telling me the reason why you chose not to reply at first)