In spite of life's circumstances, I'm learning to be present and enjoy the ride.
I'm constantly trying to grow; sometimes that means finding every angle and working hard to get either what you want or where you want to be; as I get older, I've learned sometimes it means stepping back and rolling with the punches. You can't always make your own luck, and for that Life is beautiful.
2) What I "do": I work for Dept. of Budget and Finance for Allegheny County. I'm a budget analyst for the Human Services Department, and also a grant manager for the Police Department. The best part of this job is being able to use accounting/finance experience, but in a more analytical, 'think outside the box' format (whatever that means, I just made that up). It's also awesome to finally be able to spend some of my work day writing.
3) Walk everywhere
I've also recently moved to the Mexican War Streets in the Northside and I absolutely love it! No more stressful work commutes for me. Other walking benefits of my hood = West Commons Park, the Warhol, Pirates Baseball, city steps and spectacular skyline views. On the other hand, I continue to make a car payment because sometimes I just feel like cruising around in the jeep.
4) Keeping fit
I'm pretty into fitness usually lift 4 times a week. HEAVY. I've been lifting for about 6 years and have noticed a change not only physically but also in my overall confidence level.
My first love was running. I've been a distance runner for the past 13 years or so.
4) Breathing and balance
Yoga is changing my life and way of thinking and my reactions to stressful or otherwise uncomfortable situations. Remarkably, this has little or nothing to do with physical fitness as I once thought as a newbie. Namaste.
5) Being a member of the 'nerd herd'
I earned my lifetime membership in the first grade.
I'm ok at: karaoke.
I'm really bad at: dancing.
Movies - not a movie buff, if you name it I probably haven't seen it. Favorite movie ever is When Harry Met Sally.
I can appreciate all types of music. I love country most of all, blues, alternative, southern rock, jazz, and classical.
Food please. Italian, Mexican, Thai, and sushi are my favorites. Hummus is a food group in my world.
strange work-related, process-enhancing, or analytical types of things
baseball, and how I love to hate Ryan Braun
The holy Roman empire was neither holy nor Roman nor an empire...talk amongst yourselves
1) "chillaxing" - DVR, reading, baking, etc.
2) Hitting happy hour with my gf's
3) Cleaning or groceries (I'm really serious about this one)
Bonus points for beards, trucks, tattoos and runners/joggers. But this is pretty shallow of me, so not requirements.