I am intellectual, politically aware, and sensitive
I'm thinking about (early) retirement soon, and what I would do after that. I love to travel, and there's a lot if the world I haven't seen yet.
* explaining grammar or spelling confusions
* making a 17-minute flourless chocolate cake
* making food for a party of 20 with a few day's notice
* cutting through the bullshit of an argument if I know the subject matter
* being tactful with important but sensitive communication
* making house guests feel very welcome and comfortable
* organizing/delegating tasks on big projects
* If I'm on the subway, I'm usually reading a book
* I'm kind of intellectual looking
Films: The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Moscow Doesn't Believe in Tears, Te Doy Mis Ojos
Food: mole poblano, Thai Pineapple Rice, golubtsi (stuffed cabbage), roast beef and baked potatoes, garlic green beans, cakes and pies I bake myself, rasberry lime rickies...
* my job
* television and movies in several languages: ditto my book collection
* my computer, the Internet, e-mail
* good dictionaries
* New York City restaurants and cafes, and the wherewhital to cook whatever I like
* my family
* food: what to cook, what to eat, what not to eat
* health: that I should excerise more, what to eat
* politics: the Presidential elections, the campaign to legalize gay marriage in NYS and to have it recognized nationally
* books, languages I need to maintain or that I'd like to learn
* you like a good conversation more than disco and loud music.
* you're not into drugs, heavy drinking, or other acts of escapism.
* you're NOT a born-again Christian who wants to save my atheist soul.