I just moved back to Baltimore, and I'm looking to meet new people here.
And now I'm back, living in Fed Hill and dealing with Maryland traffic again.
I like to turn my talents toward learning and then mostly explaining the rules to new board games to friends while drinking.
- Vonnegut, Atwood, Bradbury, Remarch, a smattering of history, and lots of sci-fi
- Also I am currently 13 books deep in O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey/Maturin series, and in doings so I've learned more about brigs, frigates, capstans, and staysails than I ever thought possible.
- The Fifth Element, Fight Club, Alien, Blade Runner, Mad Max (any, but especially the latest), Some Like It Hot, Spinal Tap, Dr Strangelove, Memento, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny
(I really like watching the same movies over and over again. If you're persuasive though, I'll watch your movie pick and probably like it too. I'm just stubborn.)
- Arrested Development, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Supernatural, Daily Show/Colbert (RIP to both now), Workaholics, Rick and Morty
- Also HBO-type serial drama whatevers: The Wire, Rome, Deadwood (still my favorite), Breaking Bad, Mad Men
A sampling of my playlist recently:
- The Clash, The XX, Led Zeppelin, Tom Waits, Dr Dre, Cold War Kids, The Decemberists, Hendrix, and of course a bit of Tenacious D
Food: I've really gotten into Indian and Thai food lately. Also sushi is one of the greatest things ever created by man. In general I'll eat almost anything.
Edit: I have given up my earthly possessions. Step 1 is complete.
Edit 2: I bought a bunch of shit. Back to Step 1.
I'm a big gaming fan, so I'd love to find a regular group for board game nights again.
Or you have a bar trivia team in need of another underperforming member.
Or you know of a good show to binge-watch on Netflix while drinking wine.