If you want to just potentially be friends with me that's great! If you're attracted to what you see, also great! Just to put it out there, I'm in a committed relationship, but also polyamorous. If this makes you uncertain, ask me about it and I'll try to clarify my position :)
I often love a good talk - about anything, so long as it's enthusiastic and thoughtful! I try to have a broad range of interests including playing the piano, oil painting, drawing, and reading, but also love more occasional activities like long walks, or a good cocktail bar. I can be a little softly spoken, but I tend to open up a lot with a little encouragement!
Oh, also, I'm into chess, so if you play I'd be happy to give you a game.
Also, I'm up to speed on queer and trans issues, and I'm non-binary and queer.
I also write a blog on gender and sexuality issues. Even if you don't message me, check it out - you might enjoy :)
Favourites include Bad Science, 1984, The Spire, and The Thirteen and a Half Lives of Captain Bluebear :)
Music, I do have a big bias towards classical piano, though I play more than I listen. Favourites include Bach, Chopin and Rachmaninoff (I'll also put Rachmaninov for the benefit of the spelling sensitive 'things in common' highlighter) - But I also absolutely adore everything the band Sigur Ros has done. Regina Spektor is fun also. I play the piano and I'm a (classical) singer. Working on learning Bach's Goldberg variations is something of a life goal, which I'm slowly but surely getting there with.
Top 5 movies (roughly): Angels in America, The Incredibles, V for Vendetta, The History Boys, and Stardust. Others I have a soft spot for include Interview with the Vampire and A Beautiful Mind. Also more generally really like ridiculous brainless action movies. Anything with Arnie or Willis or Stallone beating the crap out of everything will probably keep me sated.
Food - Chinese, (mild) Indian, and *anything* of high quality. Exploring loads of intricate dishes at great restaurants would be awesome fun, prohibitive costs aside!
1) The support of family, especially my mother and partner.
2) 'The Arts' - I love stumbling upon stuff that makes me feel all sorts of things. Anything from the colours in a Monet to a sauce on a dessert. Experiences, emotions. Yes please.
3) Anime, accompanied by tea and chocolate. I love to laugh, even if I don't do it out loud all that much. I like to get snuggly, and vegetate for long periods with something excellent on.
4) Thought provoking friends. Discussion about something academic with wine or liqueur late into the night massively trumps clubbing for me. I like people who introduce me to new things and give me reasons to really respect them.
5) The occasional plate of food that just makes you go 'oh my god' with yum. Being a food critic would be great. I like basically everything (except celery, and coffee. And I might have them even, if they're there). I rarely like to cook though, just because I find it hard to put longer into making something than it then takes to be eaten. I occasionally enjoy baking things though...
6) Stuff to learn. Gimme facts. Trivia. Also broaden my horizons, and make me re-evaluate my positions on issues. I believe that self-improvement is a really important thing, and feeling like I'm trying to do so makes me happy.
For keen people who just-can't-get-enough:
7) Golden summer evenings. Happy teenage memories of just hanging around with friends, perfect temperature and smells of things like grass makes this the ultimate setting for so many kinds of happy. Including numbers '4' and potentially '5'. I also really like running in that sort of weather, with mellow and inspirational music on.
8. One measure of cane syrup
One measure of Grenadine
One measure of lemon juice
One measure of Disaronno Amaretto
Shake with ice, pour over ice and top up with ginger beer, add a maraschino cherry. It's like drinking sweets.
I might keep adding to this list as things come to me...
OR if you see that I'm online and aren't too sure what to put in a message, do give me a shout using the okcupid chat function, I'm all too often sat on my laptop hoping for nice chat.
Challenge me! :D