1) Talking I'm an open and honest communicator. I like to talk and listen. I engage heart and brain. Hopefully yours and mine.
2) Fun I like to laugh and look for the humour in most things...including myself.
3) Moving I'm active and fit. While I'm no six-pack-ab-kinda guy, I like being outside hiking.I'm a bit of a Kits Community Centre gym rat in the winter, and ride my bike regularly along Jericho Beach, False Creek and Stanley Park in good weather. Do some kind of exercise each day.
4) Thinking I care about the world around us and the struggles of our everyday lives. You'll find me centre left of middle. Compromise is disappointing but, perhaps better than the alternative?
5) Sexy I'm passionate, gentle, and physical.
6) Music I love listening to a wide range of music. I'm a regular at the Vancouver Folk Music Festival and was a board member for almost four years.
7) Reading Words, words, words. Love 'em. Most of them in newspapers (Globe and Mail, the tyee online f.ex), radio (CBC Radio 1 and 2 and more) and magazines. I'm interested in social, cultural, political, tech, and music stories. I read poetry almost each week.
I'm a man of many parts... a communications designer working in web and print, a father, physically active.
I'm also someone with a lot of heart and a constantly curious mind. I'm an extroverted introvert. I commune with the parade of characters at the checkout line and at the party. I also enjoy my time alone.
My kind of woman is active, opinionated, emotional, an open communicator, health conscious, capable, funny, caring. Similar qualities to mine and what I aspire to.
If any of this resonates, I'd love to hear from you.
Here's my "professional" profile on LinkedIn. I work in social media and I like networking and working with interesting, committed people...
"A seasoned communications designer working in web and print with a background in newspaper, TV and radio journalism.
I changed careers late in my 20s to focus on graphic design and communication for mission-driven, issue-based organizations.
The ever changing communications environment has seen me shift from paste-up to desktop and from print to web to continue advancing agendas for our eclectic array of engaging clients. They include social policy and research organizations, unions, not-for-profits and businesses.
I'm an enthusiastic and comfortable networker. Endlessly curious about people, your work, your goals and how we can help.
- distilling your message to meet your audiences
- building great websites
- developing effective visual identities
- sharing and promoting your progressive values
- helping you meet your goals "
book: Bob Dylan's collected lyrics
film: Manchester by the Sea
this week's music : My favourite cd of the last couple of months is Ryan Adams (yes, Ryan) covering Taylor Swift's entire album of 1989. Earlier last year I was quite smitten by Becks' Grammy-winning Morning Phase. His recent single Dreams is a faourite. A while back I was loading a bunch of stuff onto my iPhone so browsed through the collection: Hissing of Summer Lawns by Joni Mitchell, The Church with One Bell by John Martyn, Let it Die and Metals by Feist, Duchess of Coolsville by Rickie Lee Jones, OK by Talvin Singh, Healing Series by Vancouver Chamber Choir, Greatest Hits by Dionne Warwick. Adele. And so on.
this week's food : lamb roast, Naam dinner of enchiladas and mounds of salad, sandwiches at the Harvest Deli on Broadway, those breakfast wraps at Whole Foods. A great meal at Baru on Alma, East is East is a go to.
The family and community of people I am connected with from my Vancouver friends over the last 30 years, my Ottawa gang for those ten important years in my 20s, my Calgary kin from elementary, high school and college. My Belgian family.
Sky and water.
Riding around on my bicycle and moving pretty much every day.
I have also endured tragedy over the years. Grief adds a dimension to life I had never expected. It is painfully enriching and everchanging.
We could go to the Commodore for almost anything.
You like a guy who thinks out loud and wonders about a lot of things from the shape of our day to WTF is going on with the world.
You enjoy a good political discussion.
We thrive on candid, honest conversation.
You like to keep moving as in being physical and active.
You're looking for a solid, emotional and curious guy who is always trying to evolve.