I recently returned from traveling the world with my youngest son for a year. We're better people because of the experiences and the individuals/travelers who shared a part of their lives and souls with us . We all yearn for connection but the digital world fools us in believing it can fill that void. Nothing can replace experiencing life together (surfing, hiking, exploring unknown lands/languages/restaurants and just sharing/talking and opening up to each other). I know..., we saw a lot of awesome things but it's the human spirit and connections that will forever stay with us.
I like to try new restaurants and cook new foods but it's so much more fun when you're cooking and drinking wine with someone else. Would love to have my own spice and vegetable garden this summer... food is heavenly with fresh spices!!!
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how I contributed to my divorce and how I can improve... Not fun stuff but a process I felt was necessary for me to move forward in a positive way. I'm looking for my partner in crime, my trusting confidant, my travel companion, my imperfect accepting friend and lover.
I'm comfortable in my life but I'm looking to grow through new experiences, traveling and having fun by following my interests. I'm looking for someone who is not overly consumed by a busy schedule and has the time to connect on a regular basis
Some other things about me:
• I enjoy a rustic lifestyle. Lived in the foothills for 18 years and loved it. Can’t beat a warm fire on a winter day….better yet jumping in a wood burning hot tub in the middle of a snow storm.
• Not big into the bar/club scene but do like small venues for music or open mic nights
• Prefer sunsets over sunrises. Mountains and beaches over cities.
• I’m more interested in where you’re going and why than where you’ve been.
• I’m hoping you’re at peace with your past and yourself. If not, you're on a path with that as a goal. For me, it's a never ending process that requires "me time" for reflection and growth.
• It's important I eat healthy. I'm not obsessive but it's definitely a priority that grows stronger and more important every year.
If you think we might connect, reach out. Better yet, let's meet. If it feels right let's do it again..... It's that simple.
PS. Please don't "like" me as I can't currently see who does that.
Movies: Good Will Hunting, dramas & action, French Films like Intouchables.....
Music: Gillian Welch, Mumford & Sons, Adele, Jack Johnson, The Lumineers. Neil Young, Brandi Carlile, John Prine, Bruce, The Fray, Amos Lee, Eddie Vedder, .....
Books on my night table now: Essential Writings of Thich Nhat Hanh, Eckhart Tolle, Pema, The Art of Happiness, and Walden; or, Life in the Woods by Thoreau
A warm fire in the winter
Conversations and a drink