I took my youngest son traveling abroad for his entire Senior Year. I figured the experience was the best gift I could give him before letting him loose. Where we went is not the point. Experiencing life together was. We talked, we grew and we learned how to trust and rely on each other so well that people often asked how we knew each other because there was no way we could be father and son. Our memories are also dominated by the conversations we had with individuals/travelers who shared apart of their lives with us.
Yea, it was Cool! But I want more! More real connections. I’m looking for someone who has balance in their life. Someone working to live, not living to work. Someone driven by accumulating experiences and living life.
How does the idea of driving to Alaska or Nova Scotia in a van sound to you, traveling through New Zealand, visiting East Timor, Tibet, India or Israel? God, if only I grew up sailing…. ☺ I’d be just as happy going to the local farmers market, theatre, movie, art walk, restaurant as long as its with someone I connect with. I’ve already done the Alaska trip with my kids but I liked it so much I want to do it again. I’m also exploring ideas of helping refugees resettle in Colorado or helping youth take a gap year off. I enjoy trying new restaurants and cooking new foods but it's so much more fun when you're sharing with someone else. Would love to have my own spice and vegetable garden (maybe next summer)... food is heavenly with fresh spices!!!
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how I contributed to my divorce and how I can improve... Not fun stuff but a process I felt was necessary for me to move forward in a positive way. I also try to meditate on a regular basis, it calms my mind and makes me a better, happier person. I’m hoping you’ve spent some time reflecting and getting to know yourself a little better or at least are headed in that direction.
Some other things about me:
• I don’t own a selfie stick
• I don’t tweet, blog or post about my life on facebook.
• I’m Struggling with slack lining even though I thought I had really good balance!
• Although I’m proud to be American (at least most of the time), My mother was from Switzerland and I feel part European
• I enjoy a rustic lifestyle. Lived in the foothills for 18 years and loved it. Can’t beat a warm fire on a winter day….better yet jumping in a wood burning hot tub in the middle of a snow storm.
• Not big into the bar/club scene but do like small venues for music or open mic nights
• I enjoy connecting & conversations with those that don’t try to convert or convince me but are more about revealing, sharing and supporting while enjoying each other’s company.
• Prefer sunsets over sunrises. Mountains and beaches over cities.
• I’m more interested in where you’re going and why than where you’ve been.
• I’m hoping you’re at peace with you past.
If you think we might connect, reach out. Better yet, let's meet. If it feels right let's do it again..... It's that simple.
PS. Please don't "like" me as I can't currently see who does that.
Movies: Good Will Hunting, dramas & action, French Films like Intouchables.....
Music: Gillian Welch, Mumford & Sons, Adele, Jack Johnson, The Lumineers. Neil Young, Brandi Carlile, John Prine, Bruce, The Fray, Amos Lee, Eddie Vedder, .....
Books on my night table now: Essential Writings of Thich Nhat Hanh, Eckhart Tolle, Pema, The Art of Happiness, and Walden; or, Life in the Woods by Thoreau
A warm fire in the winter
Stimulating conversations and a drink
A sense of stability along with adventure/New experiences