I'm on the Paleo diet, having seen concrete improvements in my health since adopting that diet in March, 2011. I'm also a fan of Dr. Joseph Mercola (mercola.com) and Mike Adams, (naturalnews.com). In January, 2014, I attended a class sponsored by a major distributor of health products and supplements. They were demonstrating a body composition monitor that indicated your "metabolic age." Mine was 46. BTW, for you ladies who like to read between the lines, I need to point out that it is not necessary for you to be on the Paleo diet. If you've been on the planet for roughly as long as I have, you're healthy, and your waist line is less than 34 inches, you don't need ME to tell you how to eat!
I'm looking for someone who can stay out of credit card debt, handle her finances well, keep her weight under control, and exercise now and then. Health is pretty important because, for the woman I'm with, I want to have a very long, disease-free, and passion-filled life. I expect to be there for her in every way, not being forced to wind down my life due to a lack of exercise or sunshine, or due to eating crap food all the time.
Politically, I'm a Libertarian, a fiscal conservative and supporter of the Tea Party, the Fair Tax, and animal rights. I am willing to date women having, collectively, a wide variety of interests, social and financial backgrounds, and educational levels. Certainly no college degree is necessary, though a modicum of intelligence is, and it really helps if she loves her country and is somewhat aware of what is happening in it at the present time.
Interests/Favorites: Cycling, hiking, camping, taking long walks on the beach, alternative medicine, the Paleo diet, Macintosh computing, the wonders of the iPhone, bookstores, organic gardening, self-sufficiency, and making the woman I'm with the happiest person in the zip code.
A few "fill in the gap" notes re the sidebars to the right:
(1) I'm looking for straight women only; and no transgenders
(2) Under Religion, I've checked "Christianity and it's important." That refers to me, not you. In fact, it's not even necessary that you BE a Christian.
(3) Under Education, there is no category for "some college," but I've taken classes at schools on the east coast and west, and computer classes near Orlando.
(4) Under Offspring, I have one grown son, who lives in California.
Walden, Fahrenheit 451, Life After Life, Illusions, Kinship with All Life, The Paleo Solution, books on computing and health
The Gods Must Be Crazy, Airplane, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Future of Food, The World According to Monsanto, Super Size Me, Food Matters, Cereal Killers, Bought. (I tend to like movies with real meaning, or the potential to improve the world, as much as those watched just for entertainment.)
classic rock, some jazz, including Dave Brubeck, Mendelssohn's Piano Concerto Number 1, Dvorak's New World Symphony, Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto and 1812 Overture, Beethoven's 9th, Handel's Messiah and Water Music Suite, Jethro Tull. Newest addition to my iPhone: Krista Branch’s "I Am America."
I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
— Albert Einstein
America will always do the right thing - after having exhausted all other possibilities.
— Winston Churchill
People who love laws and sausages should not see how they are made.
— Otto Von Bismark
Silence in the face of evil is evil itself.
— Dietrich Bonhoffer
2. the ability to help others
3. books (now if I only had time to read them)
4. my Macintosh computers, iPhone and iPad
6. and for now, OkCupid; Thank you guys, for creating a great dating site (even though you come up with strange questions now and then).
If you have, at some point, been introduced to punctuation, and believe that its use will not lead to leprosy, receiving fewer kisses than Sheldon's girlfriend, or an audit from the IRS, then give yourself two points!
You might not ought to message me if ...
(1) you think Barack Obama is Mt. Rushmore material.
(2) you have stapled jewelry onto your nose, lips, or eyebrows. I don't date Borg women, though, strangely enough, I could probably be talked into having coffee with Seven of Nine.
(3) your three favorite restaurants are Burger King, IHOP, and Baskin Robbins.
(4) you're confused as to why NASA has not yet completed a manned mission to the sun, since they could easily avoid the excessive heat by going at night.
I have several projects going on right now, and might not log on any more than once a week. If you like my profile, feel free to send me a message. No need to wait for me to find you. :)
BTW, even if I don't think we're a good match, if you send me a thoughtful e-mail, you will get one in return.