My biggest passions are music/theatre and movies. Music is what keeps me sane in the hard times. I love to perform on stage and I like to regularly watch a good movie where I prefer movies that touch me above the action types.
My idea of a nice date is to sit in a quiet bar or any other nice place where you can hear each other and just chat. Get to really know each other and feel if there's a connection. Other examples of dates which I would consider good are:
- Have dinner together
- Do some sporty activity together (do you like wall climbing?)
- Make music together
- Visit a theatre or cinema together (though that wouldn't be a good date without drinks afterwards)
Dates I don't do are:
- Disco (yuck!)
- Parties with music that's so loud that you can't hear each other anymore
That should give you some idea of what I'm like. Some other character traits:
- I'm a good listener
Also good to know: I'm a part-time dad to a 9-year old who means the world to me.
- Fantasy, like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings etc
- Serious fiction, like the Constant Gardener
- Thrillers, like David Baldacci's novels
I recently read the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Interesting book.
I'm a sucker for romantic films, like Cyrano de Bergerac, Cinema Paradiso, Before sunrise/sunset. High on my personal favorite list are also Braveheart, V for Vendetta, Shawshank Redemption
- Symphonic rock
- Classical music (opera's, symphonies, violin concerto's etc)
I regularly take the first step, but I do appreciate women who dare to take initiative as well.
I love meeting new people. I always find it fascinating to get to know people and learn what makes them tick. If you're living in my neighborhood and would like to meet for drinks, let me know.