I work in Jewish education and am a big bike commuter. I like to hear stories, I like to tell stories. I believe in "story first, safety fourth." I really loved sleep-away camp and fantasize about other worlds where I get to be there all the time. If minimalism were a 1 and consumerism a 10, I'd probably be a 2.8.
I have had some of my dream careers since graduating college. Each was better and worse than dreamed of.
I also lead service learning programs for high school and college students volunteering with grassroots organizations domestically and abroad.
You know how people have a gym buddy with whom they go work out? I have a cleaning buddy. It is the greatest idea ever.
Necessary Losses - Judith Viorst
Unbroken - Laura Hillenbrand
We Belong to the Land - Elias Chacour
Infidel - Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Omnivores Dilemma - Michael Pollan
The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
Freakonomics - Dubner + Leavitt
The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat - Oliver Sacks
Siddhartha - Herman Hesse
Magazine: New York Times Magazine
Movies: Big Lebowski, Office Space, Fight Club, Usual Suspects, Kochavim Shel Shlomi
TV (my apartment no longer has TV but...): Daily Show, Colbert, Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black
I spend too much time on slate and deadspin
- my journal
- meaningful interactions
- some sort of jewish identity
- reminders from children how great things can be
- What trade-offs I would make to be bilingual
- Whether my idea for how to create a system so that no food will go to waste in New York will work
- How to not create any trash
- How to do everything for free
I am also boggled as to why okcupid has me as "less playful." This is pretty much the opposite of what I believe.
- empathize first
- care about marginalized people
- like the idea of biking across some large tract of country
- want to teach/do acro-yoga