1. Playing board games. Lots and lots of euros, and 18xx when I can. I may be an addict.
2. Playing badminton. It's what's keeping me from turning into a complete slug. :D
3. Going to Jungle/Jazz/Metal shows in SF.
I'm actually really talented in other ways -- I have hitchhiker's thumbs and I can also wiggle my ears. Yeah.
(a) Anathem, The Culture series, The Third Policeman, Cyberiad, Game of Thrones. I can also wholeheartedly recommend the second act of The King in Yellow.
(b) Afro Samurai, A Scanner Darkly, Brazil, Cowboy Bebop, Dr. Strangelove, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Monkey Dust, Shaolin Soccer, Serial Experiments Lain, Tampopo, Black Mirror
(c) Oh, this might take a while...
Ambient/Psybient : Shpongle, Shulman, The Future Sound of London
Dubstep : Boxcutter, Logistics, Rusko
IDM : Amon Tobin, Plaid, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, Enduser, Drumcorps
DnB/Jungle : DJ? Acucrack
Trip Hop : Laika, Portishead, early Tricky
Nu-Jazz : Jaga Jazzist, Skalpel, The Cinematic Orchestra, The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
Post-Metal : Battle of Mice, Callisto, Cult of Luna, Isis, Made Out of Babies, Amia Venera Landscape
(d) Tea. I love food in general, but 3-4 pots of tea a day is my norm.
4. Earplugs. I am pretty sure I carry two different sets in my bag.
5. Internet. (I'm hooked on this stuff.)
6. A computer of some sort. Given my occupation, I'd likely starve without having access to one.
* Similarly, if you like board games and your favorite Euro isn't, of all things, Catan.
* You like Jungle. Or modern Jazz. Or post-metal. Or you are passionate about music in general and you hate the crap on the radio, and want to tell me how you really feel. :D
* You've been dealing with men on this site who are sending you photos of their penises, and now want something different.
* You put your punctuation outside of quotes and use the Oxford comma.
* You work in the tech industry and/or are a gamer.
DON'T message me if:
* You're a flake. I thoroughly detest flakes.
* We have a sub 50% match percentage. I don't have much faith in OKC's matching algorithms, but it still helps to be able to agree on some things in life.
* You actually describe yourself in your profile as "fun-loving" or "easy going".