My name is Miriam. I am a born and bred New England girl.
Things I love:
- Learning about the intersection of art and communications. Advertising, design, art history - I think it's awesome.
- Cooking while listening to podcasts.
- Going to the beach. After spending many summer days on the Cape I like nothing more than hot sun and bracing water. If I don't get to go swimming while at the beach I feel betrayed.
- Dancing. Anywhere and everywhere. As long as there's a beat, I'm happy.
- Testing out the best waffle recipe.
- Trying to learn new languages. I studied French for a while, but if you know Spanish or Italian, let me know!
- Finding new podcasts to listen to. Big fan of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.
- Exploring Somerville. Recently moved from the 'burbs.
Almost Famous, Lord of the Rings, Whip It, I Love You Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Harry Potter
Parks and Recreation, Game of Thrones, Mad Men
Anything Motown, Bruce Springsteen, U2, Joni Mitchell
Chocolate chip cookies (the original Toll House recipe of course)
My L.L. Bean Slippers
Parks and Recreation
- You love dancing more than anything in the world
- You have a go-to Karaoke song and you go all out when you perform it
- You love cooking (and eating!) anything from greasy pizza to home cooked, wholesome meals
- Pad Thai and a silly movie sounds like an awesome combination to you
Or you would like to do the following:
- Go for a walk along the Esplanade
- See a Moth StorySLAM
- Go to a beer tasting
- Know bars with good live music