Oh yeah, recently I started to raise pet tarantulas.
- being calm
- driving way too fast on the beltway
- finding the positive in any situation
- being grounded
- always being reliable except when I'm not
- finding new challenges
- learning, growing
- reading people
- taking care of the important stuff
- ignoring dust bunnies
- enjoying simplicity
- random acts of aburdity
- always being myself
- understanding other people's point of view
TV generally does not interest me, I gave away my TV seven years ago. Sometimes when visiting others, I might glance at a science show, the news or something random. Funny thing is, at this point, I can't imagine how I could find the time to regularly watch TV anyway. For me, life is for living rather than vicariously experiencing hyperreality.
Oh yea, I really like watching YouTube videos of cops chasing motorcycle riders. Kinda a vicarious midlife crisis thing. I would buy another sportbike, but my daughter won't let me. The best videos are the Streetfighterz Ride Of The Century.
Movies have to be mentally challenging to interest me. I am not content to just sit and passively watch.
Music, uh, I have rather conflicting preferences. I like classical, world music and hard, pounding rock, electronica... basically I like anything except country and rap. Oh yea, I like blue grass music, but only the fast kind. Sometimes, I just like silence and drone.
Food, again like music I have rather conflicting preferences, but I recognize and really enjoy foods that are interesting, creatively prepared and healthy. I eat a very healthy diet. Although, I will try anything. Well, as long as it is not greasy , covered in hair or badly prepared.
2) My kids
4) New experiences
6) The Great Outdoors
8) My inline skates
9) Giving thanks
12) Loud noises at random intervals (there's an App for that!)
13) My amazing sense of direction (really is amazing)
- Freaky actions at a distance
- How to live a full, meaningful life while I chew gum and walk all at the same time.
- The progress trap humanity has created
- Why most of the women my age, even the ones as much as fifteen years younger than me look so much older and out of shape than I do
- Why, despite my best intentions, I sometimes act like a real ashole. (Yes, I know. When I spelled it correctly, it was deleted)
- How the hell to do a stand-up wheelie on a sportbike
No, I am not opposed to going out and doing something else. I enjoy both routine, variety and greasy snacks with shrimp flavored cheese.