I'm currently dating an absolutely wonderful man who you can find here under the username jhered, but I identify as polyamorous. I believe in ethical non-monogamy, where partners are honest about their other relationships. It's definitely not for everyone, but it's worked very well for me.
My hobbies include reading, watching hockey, hanging out with my friends, doing my nails (while watching hockey) and watching still more hockey. I like to play games, go for walks, try new foods, and meet new people.
I don't watch a ton of movies. I loved "The Princess Bride", and I've enjoyed all of the View Askewniverse movies I've watched. "Terminator" was pretty cool. I'm a huge Disneyphile. My favorite Disney films are Hercules, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid". My favorite Disney-Pixar films are "Wall-E" "Finding Nemo" and "Up". I really enjoyed the new Star Wars movie. Still haven't seen the most recent Hunger Games, but it's on my list.
TV: During the NHL season, hockey if at all possible. Otherwise, not a whole lot of TV. Reruns of Downton Abbey and West Wing. Archer, Portlandia, Jeopardy. But really, hockey more than anything else.
When it comes to music, I like a bunch of different things: Asylum Street Spankers, Lady Gaga, Andrew Bird, The Magnetic Fields, Belle and Sebastian, Amanda Palmer, OK Go, Fiona Apple, Ke$ha, Sleater-Kinney, the Mountain Goats, They Might Be Giants, Rilo Kiley, Jack's Mannequin, blink 182. I really enjoy classical music, especially Chopin and Rachmaninoff. I've been listening to the Hamilton soundtrack constantly, like everyone else in the world.
I love all food, but especially Mexican, Thai and Indian. My favorite dessert is key lime pie, followed closely by cheesecake. I'm also a pretty good cook, when I try.
There's no category for podcasts here, which is just wrong. I'm an avid listener. My standards are The Savage Lovecast, The Puck Podcast, The Steve Dangle Podcast, and a few Disney podcasts (The DisUnplugged and Be Our Guest).
2. A sense of humor: If I couldn't laugh, I don't know what I would do. I've learned to roll with the punches, but it's good to be able to laugh even when things are rough.
3. New people. Particularly friendly ones. I love going out alone and striking up conversations with strangers.
4. Hockey. I adore the Sharks and their collection of beautiful beards, and I loved watching them last season. I'm psyched to see what this season brings. The Sharks are my #1, but I also follow the Maple Leafs and the Capitals to a much lesser degree. And if none of those three are playing, I'll still likely have a game on during the season. I pay a little attention to the KHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL (I love prospect development!) and NWHL as well, but like most hockey fans in North America, the NHL has my heart.
5. The ability to travel! I love exploring new places. I'll be going to Bermuda for the first time in October, and I'm really excited for a whole lot of new experiences while I'm there.
6. Quick-dry top coat. It is a gift from chemistry, and I value it in a way that's hard to explain while still sounding like a reasonable person.
I spend as little time as possible dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. Once things are out of my control, or before they're within it, I try not to obsess over them.
Also, if you know what Jungle Speed is and you want to play it. Or if you can explain NHL salary caps to me.