I don't watch a ton of movies. I'm a huge Disney fan, I've seen and enjoyed most of their recent films. But otherwise, I generally see a movie when someone else wants to. I'm just tagging along. Hidden Figures was really wonderful, that's the most recent thing I've seen.
TV: During the NHL season, hockey if at all possible. Otherwise, not a whole lot of TV. Reruns of Downton Abbey and West Wing. Archer, Portlandia, aad muchSteven Universe as possible. But really, hockey more than anything else. Sharks or Leafs, preferably.
Music: Sleater-Kinney, Pixies, lots of Broadway cast recordings (esp. Hamilton and Jesus Christ Superstar), lots of novelty music (Arrogant Worms, Tom Lehrer).
I love all food, but especially Mexican, Thai and Indian. My favorite dessert is key lime pie, followed closely by cheesecake. I'm also a pretty good cook, when I try. Lately my Blue Apron subscription has me trying, which has been really nice.
There's no category for podcasts here, which is just wrong. I'm an avid listener. Lately, it's mostly hockey podcasts: Marek vs Wyshinski, Puck Soup, The Steve Dangle Podcast; and a few Disney podcasts: The DisUnplugged, The Be Our Guest Podcast and WDW Prep To Go.
2. A sense of humor: If I couldn't laugh, I don't know what I would do. I've learned to roll with the punches, but it's good to be able to laugh even when things are rough.
3. New people. Particularly friendly ones. I love going out alone and striking up conversations with strangers.
4. Hockey. I adore the Sharks and their collection of beautiful beards. I do not love their power play, but hopefully that'll be better next season. Leafs are my #2, and watching the baby hockey players tear it up this season has been deeply satisfying.
5. The ability to travel! I love exploring new places. I took a cruise to Bermuda last fall, and it was amazing. This year, it's Disney World with the family. And in 2019, an Eastern Caribbean cruise!
6. Benadryl. I have a cat, and he's awesome and I love him. But I'm allergic to him, so if I'm out of benadryl, I'm in for a bad time.
Also, what I'm going to during the lockout. Because let's face it, it's coming.
If you like hanging out and writing letters to Claudia Tenney about your concerns as a constituent.
If you want to talk hockey. Because my god can I go on about my team, and I probably want to know all about yours.
I'm pretty easy going and I like meeting new people. If you think we'd get along, please message!