I believe in ethical non-monogamy, where partners are honest about their other relationships. It's definitely not for everyone, but it's worked very well for me.
I work at an office job. I actually like it a lot of the time, which means I'm luckier than a lot of people. I get to work fairly independently on some pretty detailed stuff. It's interesting enough that I'm not bored, but simple enough that I can listen to music or podcasts and still get things done.
I don't watch a ton of movies. I loved "The Princess Bride", and I've enjoyed all of the View Askewniverse movies I've watched. "Terminator" was pretty cool. I'm a huge Disneyphile. My favorite Disney films are Hercules, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid". My favorite Disney-Pixar films are "Wall-E" "Finding Nemo" and "Up". I really enjoyed the new Star Wars movie. Still haven't seen the most recent Hunger Games, but it's on my list.
TV: During the NHL season, hockey if at all possible. Otherwise, not a whole lot of TV. Reruns of Downton Abbey and West Wing. Archer, Portlandia, Jeopardy. But really, hockey more than anything else.
When it comes to music, I like a bunch of different things: Asylum Street Spankers, Lady Gaga, Andrew Bird, The Magnetic Fields, Belle and Sebastian, Amanda Palmer, OK Go, Fiona Apple, Ke$ha, Sleater-Kinney, the Mountain Goats, They Might Be Giants, Rilo Kiley, Jack's Mannequin, blink 182. I really enjoy classical music, especially Chopin and Rachmaninoff. I've been listening to the Hamilton soundtrack constantly, like everyone else in the world.
I love all food, but especially Mexican, Thai and Indian. My favorite dessert is key lime pie, followed closely by cheesecake. I'm also a pretty good cook, when I try.
There's no category for podcasts here, which is just wrong. I'm an avid listener. My standards are The Savage Lovecast, The Puck Podcast, The Steve Dangle Podcast, and a few Disney podcasts (The DisUnplugged and Be Our Guest, and if you're a Disney fan to the point where you listen to either of those, let's be friends).
2. A sense of humor: If I couldn't laugh, I don't know what I would do. I've learned to roll with the punches, but it's good to be able to laugh even when things are rough.
3. New people. Particularly friendly ones. I love going out alone and striking up conversations with strangers.
4. Hockey. I adore the Sharks and their collection of beautiful beards, and I loved watching them last season. I'm psyched to see what this season brings. The Sharks are my #1, but I also follow the Maple Leafs.
5. The ability to travel! I love exploring new places. I took a cruise to Bermuda last fall, and it was amazing. This year, it's Disney World with the family. And in 2018, an Eastern Caribbean cruise!
6. Quick-dry top coat. It is a gift from chemistry, and I value it in a way that's hard to explain while still sounding like a reasonable person.
Also a good reason: you want to talk hockey. Because my god can I go on about my team, and I probably want to know all about yours.